Apr 08, 2021
£55,000 - £62,000 yearly
CF44, Penywaun, Rhondda Cynon Taf
Time 4 Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for a Permanent Project Manager to join a client who is an expert in civil engineering focusing on major earthworks, civil infrastructure, demolition, remediation and environmental contracting. This one of the largest green energy providers in Wales, and we design and build these sustainable assets within their team
As a Project Manager based in South Wales you will work on civil engineering projects including highways, energy, infrastructure and earthworks schemes. The projects range in value from £3m up to £50m. You will take on the normal responsibilities at the expected level in project delivery and you will be supported by your QS, Contracts Manager, and relevant Director.
At this level, as well as successfully and responsibly delivering all aspects of project delivery, you would ideally have already provided input into tenders and work winning and be experienced in this process, your input here will be invaluable.
Skills and Responsibilities:
* Maintain project targets with respect to safety, programme and profit
* Health & Safety – monitor the requirements of the H&S Plan; maintain safety records and procedures for all site activities. (inc. RAMS)
* Ensure the completion of a project within the agreed financial and time constraints through correct reporting systems.
* Site supervision, including subcontract and direct labour management
* Responsible for the site engineering and setting out
* Manage the site team in achieving the best result, through open communication encouraging teamwork and innovation
* Ensure the project is delivered to correct information through completion of documentation in line with company system and procedures.
* Support and liaison with the other operations team and / or office based disciplines including Contracts Managers / Quantity Surveyors / Design Coordinators, Buyers etc.
* Monitor the performance and training requirements of subordinates, ensuring personal development
* Adherence and enforcement of all company initiatives and policies.
* Site measurements and reconciliations
* Material ordering and reconciliation
* Be from a recognised Civils / Groundworks background.
* Strong communication skills
* SMSTS is essential.
* 3 years plus experience on similar civils projects
* As the role covers most of South Wales it is essential that you live locally with easy access to the road networks. Places such as Cardiff, Swansea, and Newport.
* Competitive salary in the region of £55000 to £62000 per annum.
* Permanent position with all of the expected benefits
* Excellent package
* Genuine career progression exists with this forward thinking company.
* Location - South Wales
To apply for this role please forward CV via the website to Hazel Baron