Apr 15, 2021
£45,000 - £55,000 yearly
Demolition and Substructure
Kent – Project throughout Kent and London
£45,000 - £55,000 + package (depending on previous experience)
About the company:
Our privately owned client who has been established for over 30 years, is a specialist contractor based in Kent who operates throughout the South East of England. Over the years, they have developed into a multi-faceted group which covers varies sectors however the core function of their business is demolition, and this contributes to over £15M of the overall £35M group turnover. Current project locations include London and Kent and projects range in value up to £3M.
All of their operational, commercial and pre-construction team operate out of their newly, refurbished office in Kent - the benefit of this allows complete cooperation across all departments, creating a stream line process and team approach and the majority of their work is won through repeat business.
About the opportunity:
Due to successful company growth, our client is recruiting permanently for a Quantity Surveyor. Reporting directly into the Commercial Director, as a Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for the commercial management of a project, from negotiating the initial contract to settling the final account – ensuring that project profitability is maintained.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will be primarily based out of the head office in Kent, however will be expected to regularly visit sites which are typically across London and Kent. You will be managing approximately five projects at any one time, with values ranging from £20,000 to £3million and forms of contract will include JCT, NEC as well as bespoke agreements.
In this opportunity, your main duties and responsibilities will include:
* Negotiate Contracts (both Main Contract and Subcontract)
* Break Estimates down into Cost Budgets.
* Tender and Procure Subcontract and Supplier Packages.
* Prepare and issue Applications for Payment.
* Liaise with Accounts Departments to advise them of costs and revenue matters.
* Assess and Approve Subcontract Applications for Payment and Supplier Payments.
* Value Variations/Changes/Compensation Event’s and provide necessary substantiation.
* Prepare notifications of delay and petitions to extend programme, including agreeing time awards.
* Prepare of notifications for, and valuation of Loss and Expense, including agreeing additional sums due.
* Preparing and updating Project Programme’s (Gantt Chart’s) to reflect changes
* Working with Site Teams to create Cost-Value-Forecasts (CVF) for the forthcoming period (month).
* Completing Cost-Value Reconciliation (CVR) report for completed period (month).
* Advising Operations Team of any cost implications or commercial risks of any changes, delays etc.
About the requirements:
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to be degree qualified in Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management or similar. Additionally, you must have a minimum of 5 years post graduate experience which must have been gained whilst working for either a main contractor or subcontractor in the South East and as this contractor prides themselves on repeat business, it is essential that you have good people skills and can carry out the position in a manager conducive to the business ethos.
About the benefits and rewards:
This contractor makes personal development, career progression and long-term stability a priority. You will be working for a contractor who encourage internal promotion and want to see their employee’s progress up the career ladder. You will also be part of a fun and energetic working environment.
This opportunity offers a salary between £45,000 - £55,000 per annum although there may be flexibility on this due to backgrounds. Furthermore, there will be a generous package offered which will include a car allowance or company car, private healthcare, a profit share bonus and enrolment on to the pension scheme.
If interested in this opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to laura@ cityscapeltd. com (without the spaces) or call the main office number to discuss further on a confidential basis.
About your consultant:
My name is Laura Pyle and I am one of the Senior Consultants at Cityscape Recruitment Ltd. I have been with the business for over 8 years, during which time I have specialised in recruiting for niche sectors such as the demolition and general enabling works, remediation, groundworks and concrete frame markets.
Q: What does this mean for you?
A: I have connections with pretty much every company in these fields with my main focus being with in demolition and remediation whilst also working closely with my colleagues in groundworks and concrete frames. I can offer you opportunities with a variety of the best contractors in these markets. I am always open to having confidential conversations with professionals who are interested in enhancing their careers and offer advice wherever possible