Apr 15, 2021
£45,000 - £60,000 yearly
Health and Safety Manager
£45,000 - £60,000 + package (depending on experience)
About the company:
Our privately owned client who is based in Kent is a reputable name within the enabling works industry having been established for over 60 years. Their services include asbestos removal, temporary works, demolition, remediation, bulk excavation, piling and basement construction and their strong reputation for successfully finishing challenging projects has been built on delivery and trust.
Our client has an excellent staff retention level which has been gained by constantly focusing on improving standards. They are renowned for looking after their staff, providing them with strong career progression opportunities through their extensive commitment to training and development and with their close management team; they are able to offer a strong family feel to the business.
About the opportunity:
Due to ongoing company expansion and a healthy pipeline, our client is recruiting permanently for a Health and Safety Manager to join their team in Kent and work on technical schemes throughout the South East. As a Health and Safety Manager, you will be responsible for, but not limited, to the below:
* To carry out Site Inspections and Audits to identify any unsafe practices being adopted on Site and educate the teams towards the correct methods of work.
* Review sub-contractor documentation / training to ensure they align with required standards.
* Monitor compliance with documented SSOW, amend SSOW / RAs to reflect site conditions.
* Review emergency response protocols throughout the duration of the projects and ensure required drills are completed to test effectiveness.
* Be the onsite safety leader and provide practical advice on how to comply with regulations including delivery of briefings to workforce on safety standards.
* To liaise with the Associate Director - Health and Safety to ensure alignment across the business areas.
* Provide SHE advice as necessary and attending regular SHE Meetings with the project team.
* To lead Accident/Incident Investigations for the projects, liaising with all parties and producing a full report and recommendations as per Company Policy.
* To assist in the production of Safety Alerts, Group policies and procedures and any other publication as required.
* To assist with the production of site documentation (Method Statements/Risk Assessments) as necessary.
* Prepare and deliver site inductions to an agreed format.
* Undertake random Drug and Alcohol testing in line with company Policy (training will be provided).
* To maintain up to date knowledge of H&S Legislation and Company Policies and Procedure and ensure that the site teams are maintaining compliance.
About the benefits and rewards:
For professionals at the right level of experience, our client is offering a strong basic salary of £45,000 to £60,000 per annum (depending on how much experience gained). Furthermore, a generous package will be offered in addition to the usual benefits associated with a large, successful contractor.
About the requirements:
In order to be considered for this opportunity, it is imperative you hold a minimum of 3 years on site experience in providing competent health and safety advice specifically within the demolition industry. Additionally as a minimum, you must hold either a NEBOSH General / Construction Certificate, full first aid, asbestos awareness and a valid CSCS card.
How to apply:
If interested in this opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to me or call the main office landline to discuss this further on a confidential basis