Apr 21, 2021
£40,000 - £60,000 yearly
GSW Consultancy are delighted to be working with a family run SME Demolition contractor based in the Canterbury area.
Due to a number of new contract wins our client is now looking to add an experienced Health & Safety Manager to their growing team.
* To effectively look after the day to day running of health, environmental and safety tasks in order that the company runs smoothly.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Assist and support the Operations Manager & contracts department with –
* Management and reporting of health, safety, quality, environmental and compliance issues within the business.
* Produce Method Statements and Risk Assessments, Demolition Plans, F10, Section 80, Traffic Management, Fire Management Plans.
* To support safe working practices and maintenance of a culture in which health and safety is a key priority.
* Adhere to company systems.
* Review subcontractor pre-qualifications questionnaires
* Review subcontractor RAMS
* Must use their initiative and self-manage their time
* Have a good understanding of occupational health requirements
* Able to carry out site inspections, auditing and accident investigations
* To help with the management of the company health and safety.
* Ideally the candidate will have previous experience in a role within the demolition or general construction industry.
* A working knowledge of health and safety legislation and practices (NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety or NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Health and Safety)
* Having a Commercial background would be advantageous
* Ability to multi task and meet deadlines, whilst under pressure.
* Confident in public speaking and be able to attend pre-start meetings
* Must be pragmatic and professional where needed
* Team player with good communication skills.
* Experience with Microsoft Office and decent level of computer skills.
* Full, clean driving licence.
If your experience matches the above specification then please click the apply button to submit your CV and interest