Apr 29, 2021
£25,000 - £35,000 yearly
Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire
Defour Partnership on behalf of their client are recruiting for an Electrical Design Engineer.
This is an exciting and fantastic opportunity to join an Independent Connection Provider (ICP) as an Electrical Design Engineer for a company who are rapidly growing and looking to add bright and driven individuals to their team to be part of the success and see the rewards it will bring. The post is based in Cambuslang, with some current remote work.
The Electrical Design Engineer will ensure that works are designed to minimise risks during the construction, operation, maintenance and decommissioning/demolition phases. With responsibility to ensure that all designs meet regulatory, statutory, client and industry requirements.
Duties will include:
* Initial and ongoing liaison with the client to establish the design parameters.
* Liaising with the DNO and adopting IDNO to obtain design approval.
* Establish sufficient relevant information to carry out risk assessments in relation to the network type and construction methods to be incorporated into the design.
* Design the network using design tools such as AutoCAD/Windebut/Amtech, selecting the correct demand/voltage and thus the network routing, terminations and any requirement for switchgear etc.
* Liaising with other designers to ensure that the most cost efficient solution, consistent with electricity standards is developed
* Maintaining a record of the progress of each design project in respect of design progress, communication and notices/applications/forms etc.
* Ensure design is legally compliant and if third party land access required provide information to allow wayleaves/servitudes to be agreed.
* Maintaining all design records including calculations and any assumptions made.
* Where necessary check designs and drawings completed by others
* Create & deliver the information required to make clients aware of their responsibilities.
* Carry out a hand-over meeting and provide operations with enough information to execute the work safely.
* Respond to requests for variations to the design and process these in accordance with agreed procedures.
* Produce cost estimates in line with current commercial procedures
* Any other duties may be required that fall within the role competencies.
Skills & Experience Required:
* Relevant Electrical Industry Experience
* The Designer must have relevant experience in the UK market with a DNO, IDNO, ICP or UCP.
* Design experience– Underground Cables - and experience designing underground infrastructure.
* Design experience – Substations - and have experience designing substation infrastructure.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company who are very experienced in their field and experiencing major growth with exciting times ahead. If you are looking to use your fantastic experience to add value and input to a flexible, rewarding and friendly team then contact Joanne Diver at Defour Partnership today for a confidential chat and to find out more about salary and benefits or apply today