May 01, 2021
OX11, Hendred, Oxfordshire
Magnox is an exciting place to be, and this role is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of our challenging mission - to safely and successfully manage the UK’s civil nuclear legacy on behalf of the nation. To deliver our commitment, we need people like you who want to perform at an industry leading standard and be part of a team that continues to develop, innovate and even exceed our greatest achievements.
At Magnox, we understand, and acknowledge the value of an inclusive working environment, and celebrate the diversity this brings to our workplace. Without this approach, we wouldn’t be in the position that we are now, being able to safeguard and secure the future of our organisation.
Hear from the Hiring Manager…
“We are a busy and energetic team delivering unique and exciting projects to decommission former nuclear research facilities. The role requires a clear and logical mind-set, the ability to work in a team and excellent communication skills to keep our multiple stakeholders informed during the decommissioning journey, from characterisation, through to de-plant and demolition. My ideal candidate would be someone who has the qualifications and experience but most of all a positive ‘can do’ attitude.”
* Delivery of large and complex deplant and demolition projects of ex-nuclear research facilities to time and cost. Project durations can vary between 2-20 years.
* Delivery of a safe project via leading by example, and installing a positive safety culture
* Building project strategies, including commercial strategy, hazard identification, optioneering,
* Compilation of cost estimates and managing forecasts and Estimate at Completion (EAC’s) (through a project controls team)
* Resource management of the project team through direct reports and matrixed staff. The ability to positively influence and secure the required resource for the project is essential,
* Weekly and monthly reporting internally and to NDA and regulators,
* Identify and manage risks throughout the project lifecycle,
* Deliver through a gated project process – compilation of gate sanction documents and presentation to sanction boards for approval,
* Excellent communication skills and an open and honest working style, with the ability to be an inspirational leader of the project.
Qualifications and Experience
* Significant experience of delivering projects within a high hazard industry (Essential)
* Qualified to HNC/HND Level (Essential)
* Experience of delivering safety through design and leadership (Essential)
* Experience of managing multiple stakeholders – sometimes with conflicting drivers (Essential)
* APM or PRINCE2 Qualification (Desirable)
* A Science/Engineering degree (Desirable)
Salary & Benefits:
* Competitive salary with access to performance linked pay progression
* 25 days annual leave
* Participation in Company Bonus Scheme
* Up to 13.5% employer pension contribution depending on individual contribution amount
* Access to training and development through the company performance management arrangements, supporting you in maintaining your personal Continuous Professional Development
Please be aware this role holder requires Basic Security clearance, or the ability to obtain said clearance
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
At Magnox we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, and we therefore particularly welcome applications from women, BAME, LGBT+ and disabled candidates.
We are happy to talk flexible working where possible.
The application process for this position will close at 23.59 on 14th May 2021