May 20, 2021
Site manager required for a civils project in Okehampton starting first week of June. The job will run for about 3 months and involves working on clean water reservoirs (underground tanks) .
The site manager will be running the job on site, alongside a visiting project manager who will be on site periodically. You will be managing all site based activities and instructing the labour force on site. This will be a hands on site based role.
* Laying some pipework (ductile iron & MDPE) (excavation, laying & fitting the pipe, backfilling)
* Building some valve chambers (excavation, laying, backfilling)
* Laying some ducting (excavation, laying, backfilling)
* Building some draw pits (excavation, laying, backfilling)
* Removal of tin sheet roofing from existing reservoir covers (hand demolition)
* Making good walls ready for new roofing (mixing and applying cementitious mortar or render to the top of a wall)
* Placing pre cast concrete panels to form new roof cover (applying mastic sealant)
* Installation of access hatches into tank roofs (so some drilling and fixing)
SMSTS, FAAW, Cat & Genny, Water Hygiene, Confined Space, SHEA Water (Ideally), Slinger Signaller (Ideally), Own Transport, Excellent IT Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook etc)
The contract is scheduled to run for 3 months and pays a day rate of £250