May 22, 2021
Heathrow, Greater London
Apprentice Health, Safety & Environment Administrator
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK (FAUK) have 6 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
About Q6, Heathrow
Our Q6 framework spans from airfield works (taxiways, runways, stands), to civils (roads, demolition works, underground and above ground structures), and MEP packages (services tunnels, lifts, life safety systems, fuel/fire mains).
In 2019, Ferrovial Construction received the ‘Employer of the Year’ award from Heathrow Airport because of its Apprenticeship Scheme. The scheme offers countless opportunities across the construction industry and all apprentices are fully supported by a dedicated Apprenticeship Programme Manager to help integrate apprentices into the team and ensure they are developing within their roles.
Ferrovial Construction is looking for an Apprentice to work in the Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Team in Heathrow’s Q6 projects. You will report to the HSE Manager and support the Q6 Training Coordinator on HSE training. The job role is connected to the Level 3 HSE apprenticeship and full training will be provided.
Key Responsibilities: Provide quality HSE administration and training services across all Q6 projects in a timely manner.
* Assist the Head Office and Q6 Training Coordinators in order to coordinate various internal and external HSE training courses
* Assist in maintaining and updating all Q6 employee HSE training records
* Assist in booking employees on to training courses and issuing certificates in a timely manner
* Assist in administering the training to support the in-house trainer on an ad-hoc basis e.g. photocopying and collating material
* Sourcing relevant training and forwarding details on to the relevant manager
* Complete all filing requirements on a weekly basis
* Collating project HSE records, such as inspections and toolbox talks and uploading onto 4P
* Collating and uploading data and records, such as LIFE cards, inspections and audits onto the Alcumus/Cority system
* Attending internal meetings and taking minutes
* Communicate with internal and external stakeholders, including auditors
* Support internal and external work relationships
* Capture, update and report to the Line Manager on all tasks
* Carry out ad-hoc admin tasks for the HSE team
Skills and Competence:
* Motivated to learn and add value to the team, the role and the apprenticeship programme
* Inquisitive mind, seeking for new improved ways of working
* Enjoys working under pressure to meet deadlines
* Analytical and critical thinker
* Excellent record keeping
* Attention to detail
* Good communication skills verbal and written
* Administration experience desirable but not essential
* Proactive approach to working and learning
* Commercial awareness
* Familiar with all Microsoft packages, especially Excel
* Aspiring to grow within the Ferrovial Apprenticeship programme by progressing on to higher levels
* Build and maintain positive relationships within the team and across Ferrovial
* Ability to influence and challenge when necessary
* Ability to actively listen and understands development needs in relation to Health, Safety & Environmental issues
5 GCSEs grade 4-9, including Maths and English
A Levels or BTEC Level 3
HSE Level 3
Duration: 2-year Apprenticeship Programme
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Progression: HSE Degree Apprenticeship
Hours: 40.5 per week
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties