May 25, 2021
Croydon CR0 1LF, UK
JRL Demolition is a part of the JRL Group which encompasses 14+ divisions delivering bespoke solutions for the most complex construction projects. The company was founded in 2016 to compliment the services offered by the wider Group. We now take a site and provide a full turnkey solution in house.
Due to continued growth we are recruiting a Project Manager for the division.
* Organise the site so that work is carried out to the required health and safety standard with minimum risk to operatives, equipment and materials;
* Know the requirements of the health and safety policy and arrangements;
* Ensure that the health and safety policy and arrangements are being implemented;
* Ensure that staff under their immediate control are familiar with the parts of the health and safety policy and project health and safety documents which affect them or the activities in which they are engaged;
* Ensure that every operative under their control is inducted before work starts for the first time and the induction is recorded
* Ensure that the requirements of the company's health and safety and environment management systems as set out in this manual are observed;
* Ensure that all registers, records and reports are maintained and that "competent persons" are appointed to supervise operatives and to operate plant and machinery;
* Liaise with site supervisors, foremen and operatives to ensure that risk assessments or safe systems of work are provided, checked and deemed as adequate prior to the work starting on site;
* Ensure that task specific permits are obtained / issued before work commences
* Ensure that the company procedures are followed for the reporting, recording and investigation of all incidents including near misses;
* Arrange delivery and storage of materials safely and plan and maintain a tidy site;
* Ensure that all operatives and others under their control on site fulfil their duties with regard to health and safety;
* Encourage the workforce to work in a safe and tidy manner;
* Make provision to prevent unauthorised access to site as far as reasonably practical to do so;
* Ensure all personnel working on or visiting the project receive relevant site safety information through the induction programme and tool box talks;
* Liaise with the group safety managers to actively promote health and safety on site
* Undertake regular health and safety inspections of their project as set out in this manual and accompany the group safety manager during their scored audit visits;
* Set a personal example of safe behaviour.
* Co-ordinating daily programmes of work to ensure optimum performance.
* Reporting product and quality non-conformances to Contract Management.
* Preparing site records.
* Ensuring project specific Method Statements, Risk Assessments remain current.
* Carrying out weekly toolbox talks and recording attendees.
* Ensuring all plant and operators have appropriate certification.
* Raising safety and welfare issues with Client/Main Contractor site management.
* Informing Contract Management of any incidents or accidents.
* Accepting and confirming instructions from our Client/Main Contractor.
* Calling off materials, services and resources appropriately to maintain optimum performance.
* Valid CCDO Black / Gold card & SMSTS
* Qualified by experience (trade background) or construction related degree
* Excellent communicator
* Ability to demonstrate having previously worked on sub & superstructures packages
* Man management skills
* Be hungry for growth within the business