May 28, 2021
Glasgow, Glasgow City
Job Title: Contracts Engineer/Supervisor
Location: Scotland (Mainly central belt including travel to Scottish Borders)
Reporting to: Senior Management
McQuillan Companies has been established for over 125 years as a family business based in Northern Ireland. Our main services incorporate a diverse range of activities including civil engineering, road surfacing & maintenance, demolition, quarrying, hazardous and non-hazardous waste management, outdoor cleaning services and analytical chemistry. We provide these services through our 4 companies – John McQuillan Contracts, McQuillan Quarries, McQuillan Environmental and McQuillan Outdoor.
After establishing a reputation for quality, reliability and exceptional service in Northern Ireland and The Republic of Ireland, John McQuillan Contracts commenced offering blacktop surfacing services in Scotland. We possess the expertise and capabilities to deliver widely varying projects, specialising in road construction and maintenance, surface treatments, car park construction, resurfacing and maintenance, sports pitch construction and domestic surfacing.
Due to continued successful procurement of works packages, we are now recruiting a Contracts Engineer/Supervisor to increase our staff resources in Scotland.
You will be required to provide supervision and engineering management on a range of projects within the sectors we operate within.
Contracts Engineer/Supervisor Key responsibilities
* Management of site resources
* Commercial and technical input
* Maintaining good relationships with clients
* On-site engineering and ensuring financial, safety, health, environment and quality targets are achieved
Contracts Engineer/Supervisor Knowledge indicators and experience
* Relevant qualification in Civil Engineering or a construction related course or be able to demonstrate previous experience gained
* Professional knowledge of specifications and industry requirements
* Previous experience in bituminous products preferred
Contracts Engineer/Supervisor Personal Qualities / Attributes
* Demonstrated initiative and high levels of energy
* Team player with demonstrated cross-functional achievements
* Capable of working well in a team environment
* Time Management skills and ability to prioritise work
* Willing to contribute to the overall improvement and success of the business and working practices
* A positive attitude, co-operative, willing to comply with company policies and procedures and work constructively with colleagues
To apply, please send your CV to McQuillan's Compliance Team.
End date for applications Friday 11th June 2021