Jun 02, 2021
Hillingdon, Greater London
Assistant Training & Competency Coordinator
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. It is a Spanish multinational company operating through 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK have 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2 Enabling works, HS2 Main Works, Silvertown Tunnel (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon Station.
About Q6, Heathrow
Our Q6 framework spans from airfield works (taxiways, runways, stands), to civils (roads, demolition works, underground and above ground structures), and MEP packages (services tunnels, lifts, life safety systems, fuel/fire mains).
The Coordinator will work as part of the Heathrow Project Team and report to the Office Manager. You will provide support to both the HSE Manager and Quality Manager. The Coordinator will report into the H&S Assistant Director and the HR + IR Advisor on all internal and external H&S related training. Providing quality training services across all projects in an effective timely manner, in line with appropriate timeframe.
* Liaising with Project Coordinators to coordinate various in-house and external HSQE training courses, project inductions, briefings, toolbox talks and other events, as well as Competency Assessment reports.
* Assist and support the Office Manager
* Maintaining and updating all employee H&S, Quality, Environmental and Sustainability training records and Competency Assessment records
* Booking employees on to training courses and issuing certificates in a timely manner
* Administering the training to support the in-house trainer on an ad-hoc basis e.g. photocopying and collating material.
* Assisting the company with preparing for industry relevant audits
* Sourcing relevant training and forwarding details on to the relevant manager
* All filing requirements need to be completed on a weekly basis
* Answering telephone queries
* Providing firsthand support to line managers and project managers
* Collating project H&S, Environmental, Sustainability and Quality records and holding it centrally and/or in the required systems and databases
* Applying for industry relevant grant (CITB)
* Uploading information to ensure all in house courses are CITB assured courses
* Compiling data for monthly reporting for HSQE Managers
* Attending internal meetings and taking minutes
* Collating invoices and creating purchase orders for finance to process
* Coordination of H&S, Environmental, sustainability and Quality specific training plans, in conjunction with the L&D Dept.
* Communication & Facilitation with internal and external stakeholders, including auditors
* Capture, update and report to Line Manager on all tasks
* Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation and good industry practice
* Promote a safe, productive and innovative culture and uphold company standards
* Create, export, review, assess and distribute a complete report of Q6 Training and Competency Assessment status. Follow up to ensure Training & Competency assessments are completed
* Collect attendance records, training certificates and other necessary documentation once the training courses have been completed.
Essential skills and competence:
--Inquisitive mind, seeking for new improved ways of working
--Enjoys working under pressure to meet deadlines
--Analytical, evaluation and critical thinking
--Excellent record keeping
--Attention to detail
--Ability to lead and deliver full training cycle
--Good communication skills verbal and written
--Proactive approach to working and learning
--Familiar with all Microsoft packages, especially Excel
--Very good understanding of CITB processes and Levy
--H&S compliance knowledge
--Ability to multitask and make sound decisions quickly
--Ability to effectively plan your own workload
--Good understanding of Construction Projects
--Familiar with Sentinel Rail systems
--Knowledge of CSCS card process
--H&S related or relevant industry experience
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills