Jun 03, 2021
L24, Speke, Liverpool
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
At Bellway we recognise that people are the key to our success and our goal is to provide a rewarding and fulfilling career in line with our values of quality, service and trust. In addition to this we are committed to being a more inclusive employer and invite applications from a variety of backgrounds.
There is an exciting opportunity to join Bellway, one of the UK’s largest house builders. Our North West Division is looking to recruit an Estimator to join the Division’s Technical department.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the role of Estimator prepares cost plans for appraisal of development/land opportunities and ensures that all estimating work required to deliver the business unit output is completed in the most timely, accurate, efficient and effective manner possible.
Principal accountabilities of the role include:
* Prepare initial viabilities for all land bids for sign off by Technical Director.
* Liaise with Land Department over current and future development opportunities.
* Prepare viability estimates of all construction costs, including all site abnormals, professional fees, site management costs and preliminaries. Input of all development costs into appraisal /viabilities. Support 'value engineering' exercises at appraisal/pre-start stage.
* Obtain specialist quotations such as demolition and the like required for removing the risk from land viabilities.
* Where full viabilities are required, ensure they comply with the provisions set out within the Group Guidelines on Viabilities, Budgets and Valuations.
* Assist the Commercial Manager with the preparation of pre-budget costs for sites.
* Assist with review of Site Budget and Analysis of Variance reports that are required for issue of site budgets in accordance with Group Guidelines on Viabilities, Budgets and Valuations.
* Provide guidance to Surveyors as required at handover stage of project.
* Collate and submit statistical analysis as required.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
* Experience of working as an Estimator for a national housebuilder.
Qualifications and Training
* Current CSCS card or equivalent
Skills and Aptitude
* Strong communication and listening skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
* IT literate and the ability to adapt to new systems
* Good administration skills
* Committed to diversity and inclusion
The Role and Working Conditions
* Willing to be flexible in respect to day to day duties and hours worked.
* Office based role, with travel within the Divisional area.
* Ability to travel to development sites as and when required.
In return we can offer you:
* Competitive salary
* Company car / car allowance
* 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance
We reserve the right to close this vacancy if a large volume of applications are received