Jun 03, 2021
£40,000 - £70,000 yearly
Wandsworth, Greater London
Our client is an established and privately owned, London based Developer and Main Contractor that has been operating for over 20 years and has a reputation for creating outstanding and award-winning homes, in and around the capital. Currently, they are working on a range of residential development schemes in London.
As a main contractor, they work with a range of private and public sector local authority and housing associations. They have a proven track record of delivering logistically difficult projects, both new construction and refurbishment and/or conversion of listed or existing buildings.
They are also a longstanding member of well-recognised new homes warranty schemes with an excellent claims record, hence rated in the lowest category for risk.
The management team has a strong construction-based background, working for a range of tier 1 contractors including Laing O’Rourke, Bouygues, etc.
* East Croydon - 110+ Units – Location: South London – 2 Blocks (up to 9 storeys.) – Types of construction: RC frame up to transfer slab, LSF & Brick slips – Client: Housing Association – Demolition will start for this project in July 2021 and will run until August 2023.
* London - SW11 – A new-build development of one- and two-bed apartments, located in London’s sought-after Nine Elms area.
* East London - The completed development created 110+ residential apartments with 17,000+ sq.ft of office space around a central courtyard with a custom-designed feature at its heart.
The business has won numerous high-profile awards and has been feature in the Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic Fast Track 100, Inside Housing Development Awards, WhatHouse Awards, etc.
Role: Estimator – Wandsworth
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Identifies labour, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, specifications and other related documents.
* Computes costs by analysing labour, material, and time requirements.
* Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
* Prepares special reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as and when needed.
* Organize sub-contractors’ quotations, negotiate to insure quotes meet contract documents and issue proper documented purchase orders.
* Provide and maintain unit pricing and database for material and labour costing.
* Analyse drawings and specifications.
* Understand contractual terms and conditions.
The Ideal Candidate:
* Efficient with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and other software systems.
* Knowledge of all construction practices nation-wide.
* Ability to perform several tasks efficiently under tight deadlines.
* Detail oriented, energetic, and hard-working personality.
In return, they offer:
* A very competitive basic salary.
* A stable and supportive work environment where staff are actively looked after.
* Carefully planned training and encouraging ongoing growth and learning, enabling employees to reach their career aspirations.
* An award-winning team, comprising of sector leading expertise