Jun 04, 2021
£35,000 - £45,000 yearly
CCO is recruiting on behalf of a leading Multi-Disciplined Construction Group based in London that are involved in multi-million pound Civil Engineering, RC Frames and Infrastructure projects nationwide. Our client is looking to further strengthen their work-winning department with an Assistant Estimator to be based out of their Head Office in North-West London. Whether you’re currently working within estimating or would like to transition from a site-based Engineering, Project Management or Surveying role, they are open to a variety of backgrounds and experiences with the key factor being the desire to pursue an estimating career.
The team tender projects from £1m-£100m for a variety of clients, sectors, and regions. are well established within their core markets, typically acting as specialist sub-contractor on sub and super-structure, demolition, hard & soft landscaping and enabling & infrastructure works.
As an Assistant Estimator, you will be working within a team of 25 assisting in the preparation and subsequent negotiation of tender submissions for a range of prestigious civil engineering projects. You will be working closely with Operational, Planning and Design teams and you will value engineer solutions for clients within a department that secures continued work and growth for the company.
* Examine incoming tenders to review contract potential and value engineer solutions for the client
* Prepare rates for each item within the BOQ from first principles, technical knowledge and experience
* Produce tender report in preparation for tender adjudication
* Attend pre & post contract reviews and client meetings (a great opportunity to gain exposure to project planning, design and costing)
* Measuring & ‘Taking-Off’ quantities from drawings
* Sourcing pre-project information and supporting supplier / sub-contractor quotations, agreements & enquiries
* Examine contract obligations
* Client facing
* Degree qualified in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Construction Management (preferred)
* Estimating experience or site-based experience in varying projects inc. bulk earthworks, groundworks, substructure concrete, paving, roadworks, drainage and/or RC frame
* Electronic measuring and standard methods of measurement experience (preferred)
* Numerically minded with a sound commercial acumen
* A confident communicator with demonstrable interpersonal skills and workplace relationships
* Excellent organisational skills and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines
The salary will be competitive and based on previous experience, this will also include an excellent package with a car allowance and other benefits