Jun 29, 2021
Cordius is working with a well-established company in Alfreton; they specialise in hire, sales and repair services for machinery and equipment used in Rail, Construction, Demolition, Recycling and Mining Industries – and currently they are looking for a Parts Purchasing Manager to join their team.
Hours: Mon-Fri, Days
Key Skills: Computer skills, Plant domain knowledge, Materials, Purchasing, PO’s
The successful candidate will be responsible for ordering materials, supplies and/or equipment, packing, despatch and delivery – they will set up Electronic Jobs and Purchase Orders, so good computer skills are necessary.
Essential Skills / Experience:
* The ability to apply a broad understanding of financial principals to ensure decisions are fiscally responsible and based on the budget outlined by the manager.
* The ability to leverage interpersonal skills to establish rapport and develop relationships with all key suppliers, customers & colleagues.
* Ideally hold Fork Truck license and have a background in Plant operations of Rail and Construction equipment.
* Arranging or categorising spend according to specific goods or services (direct & indirect); and keeping in mind quality, service, risk and cost at all times.
* Continually monitor the trends in their supply environment and within their firms.
* The ability to work well in teams to include suppliers, customers & employees.
* Raise Job Numbers for incoming goods, machines, equipment and parts required by managers and fitters.
* Raise Purchase orders for goods required.
* Procure all necessary materials within the workshops needed for effective production and operation within the company and the best prices and quality. Ensuring all parts for workshop usage are followed up until received.
* Source Quotations and provide the most cost effective and suitable materials.
* Oversee vendors that supply the company with the items it requires to operate properly.
* Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and source competitive quotes to meet Company requirements.
* Inspect / review product availability and terms of sales.
* Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
* Manage purchasing department documentation and electronic files.
* Review suppliers to ensure compliance is achieved.
* Participate in locating products or substitute materials.
* Liaison with other departments, Accounting, Admin, managers, fitters manufacturing and stock departments.
* Budgeting, costing and cost saving after reviewing the management information available.
* Health and Safety, Quality and other legal requirements.
* Maintain all Job costing and Purchase order electronic spreadsheets, taking time to ensure accuracy.
Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates