Jul 01, 2021
OX11, Hendred, Oxfordshire
Magnox is an exciting place to be, and this role is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of our challenging mission - to safely and successfully manage the UK’s civil nuclear legacy on behalf of the nation. To deliver our commitment, we need people like you who want to perform at an industry leading standard and be part of a team that continues to develop, innovate and even exceed our greatest achievements.
At Magnox, we understand, and acknowledge the value of an inclusive working environment, and celebrate the diversity this brings to our workplace. Without this approach, we wouldn’t be in the position that we are now, being able to safeguard and secure the future of our organisation.
Hear from the Hiring Manager…
“We are a busy and energetic team delivering unique projects supporting the safe decommissioning and demolition of former nuclear research facilities across the Harwell Nuclear Licensed Site.
This role requires a candidate with strong construction, decommissioning and demolition experience, an in depth knowledge of relevant safety legislation including knowledge of CDM Regulations. You should have the ability to work in a team and excellent communication skills to lead on safety across all our project teams. My ideal candidate would be someone who has the relevant qualifications and experience but most of all a positive ‘can do’ attitude.”
* Develop and maintain arrangements for compliance with industrial safety, statutory requirements and Company arrangements
* Review and maintain the programme’s risk assessment arrangements as required.
* Provide specialist industrial safety support – including acting as Senior Authorised Person for Excavations and other high hazard activities.
* Support, mentor, and develop the Project Site Engineers
* Monitor adequacy of the projects arrangements through audit, inspection and the investigation of events.
* Lead the implementation of industrial safety arrangements across the projects.
* Monitor performance and take action to maintain industrial safety standards and improve performance.
* Identify good practice in performance within the project, programme and externally, and promote and deliver this across the programme
Qualifications and Experience
* Educated to NQF level 6 (or equivalent in a post related subject) - Essential
* Diploma or equivalent in a relevant specialism (e.g. NEBOSH ) - Essential
* Relevant experience of CDM arrangements- Essential
* Experience of construction or demolition site management - Desirable
* Experience at a nuclear site or another high hazard industry - Desirable
Salary & Benefits:
* Competitive salary with access to performance linked pay progression
* 25 days (equivalent) annual leave - option to buy or sell up to 5 days each year
* Participation in Company Bonus Scheme
* Up to 13.5% employer pension contribution depending on individual contribution amount
* Access to training and development through the company performance management arrangements, supporting you in maintaining your personal Continuous Professional Development
Please be aware this role holder requires BPSS clearance, or the ability to obtain said clearance
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included, and able to perform at their best.
At Magnox we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, we therefore particularly welcome applications from Women, Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, LGBT+ and candidates with a disability as they are all underrepresented in our workforce.
We are happy to talk flexible working where possible