Jul 01, 2021
£40,000 - £50,000 yearly
Kingston upon Thames, Greater London
Senior Remediation Scientist
£40,000 - £50,000 + benefits
About the company:
Our privately owned client who is based in the South East, has been established for over 25 years and is a leading remediation and brownfield contractor in the UK. Their expertise is within the treatment of contaminated soil and groundwater using a variation of chemical and biological processes; however they also offer a full package including demolition and site re-grading.
Our client’s sustained growth is founded in its traditional approach to providing quality services to its clients, ensuring their specifications are met to the highest possible standards. They pride themselves on their professionalism and quality of workmanship, working in both the public and private sector for local and national businesses. Their proven track record has helped to secure projects from a number of market sectors from national civil infrastructure projects to new build housing contracts.
About the opportunity:
Due to continued company growth, our client is recruiting permanently for an experienced Senior Remediation Scientist with a minimum of 5 years’ experience within the contaminated land industry. This opportunity will combine a mix of both office and site based working and as a Scientist you will be responsible for handling the front line delivery of a range of ex –situ and in-situ remediation contracts. Primary tasks and duties for this opportunity include the below:
* Undertaking site visits for auditing, compliance and technical team QA/AC purposes
* Ensuring live sites are compliant with regulatory and project specific requirements
* Undertaking and / or coordinating site investigation and remediation works including reporting
* Managing sampling and monitoring regimes and junior staff undertaking these actives to ensure compliance with environmental permits and any other site specific requirements
* Overseeing waste classification assessments and co-ordination with waste facilities
* Reviewing permits, licenses, consents and reports
* Preparing and reviewing validation / completion reports
* Directing technical tender review in order to develop CSM’s
* Providing clear direction to technicians / scientists within the team
* Liaising with clients, external contacts and regulatory bodies when required
Essential Qualification / Training:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have a minimum of 5 years’ professional experience within the contaminated land industry and hold a degree in a related discipline. Additionally, you must have a strong understanding of contaminated land reporting requirements with respect to the planning regime and conceptual understanding of available remediation technologies.
Given the work involved, you must hold a full UK Driving license to be considered.
Desirable Training and Knowledge:
Remediation Scientists with industry specific training / qualifications – i.e. CLAIRE / WAMITAB and knowledge of project management and waste classification will be of high interest.
About the rewards / benefits:
For this opportunity, my client is targeting professionals who are looking to earn anywhere between £40,000 - £50,000 per annum, however specific remuneration will depend on experience and suitability. Additionally, there will be a generous package offered in addition to other benefits associated with a large successful company.
How to apply:
If interested, please forward a copy of your CV to me or call the main office landline to discuss this further on a confidential basis