Jul 02, 2021
£25,000 - £35,000 yearly
Barbican, Greater London
Assistant Quantity Surveyor (minimum 2 years post graduate experience)
Demolition and general enabling works
Central London – projects throughout Zone 1 and Zone 2
£25,000 - £35,000 + package (depending on experience)
About the Company:
Our privately owned client is a specialist subcontractor operating in Central London, who work with a variety of residential, commercial and industrial business. Over the years, they have developed into a multi-functional group which successfully cover a number of sectors however the core functions of their business which includes deconstruction, structural alterations, temporary works and piling contributes £45M turnover to the overall group turnover of £70M.
All of their operational and surveying team operate out of their newly, refurbished central London office, which offers their employees the ability to jump on the train (if not walk) to their sites within 30 minutes. The benefit of this allows complete collaboration across all departments, creating a stream line process and team approach.
Having worked closely with this business for over 5 years, I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a polished company that can offer them the opportunity to work on inner city, complex schemes and fantastic career development opportunities.
About the opportunity:
Due to company expansion, my client is recruiting permanently for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor who holds 2 years post graduate experience, to join their strong commercial team. The purpose of this role is to support the Senior Quantity Surveyor in the successful commercial and financial management of demolition projects and tenders.
* Prompt presentation for all applications for payment and Final Accounts, including all contractual entitlements.
* Ensuring that all payments are received accordance with the contract terms.
* Preparation and presentation of monthly Cost Value Reconciliations (CVR) and final cost/value forecasts.
* Forward work schedules and cash flows.
* Procurement, negotiation and placing of sub-contract orders.
* Financial and commercial management of sub-contracts through settlement if Final Accounts.
* Ensuring all contractual letters/notices are presented in accordance with the contract requirements.
* Preparation of appropriate documentation in support of additional payments, variations, entitlements etc.
* Commercial support to both project delivery and estimating teams within the company.
About the requirements:
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you should meet the following criteria:
* Experience of working for a contractor / sub-contractor in the UK.
* Experience of working on large, complex, technical schemes in London.
* IT Literate, particularly Microsoft Office Applications.
* Stable employment history showing longevity.
* Ability to work well in a team as well as independently.
* Be a good communicator at all levels.
* Hold a related Degree/HND/HNC in Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management or similar.
* A minimum of 2 years post grad experience.
About the benefits and rewards:
For professionals at the right level of experience, our client is offering a strong basic salary of £25,000 to £35,000 per annum (depending on how much experience gained), in addition to the usual company benefits associated with a leading civil engineering contractor.
How to apply:
If interested in this opportunity, please forward a copy of your CV to me or call the main office landline to discuss further on a confidential basis