Jul 02, 2021
£45,000 - £65,000 yearly
Defour Partnership on behalf of their client are recruiting for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer.
This is an exciting and fantastic opportunity to join an Independent Connection Provider (ICP) as the Senior Electrical Design Engineer. Due to continued growth the Senior Electrical Design Engineer will be responsible for the management of a major client as well as be involved with and work across other exciting new and ongoing projects. Opportunity to be involved with training and development of junior designers and ongoing personal development especially as the company grows further.
The day to days duties of the Designer are to ensure that works are designed to minimise risks during the construction, operation, maintenance and decommissioning/demolition phases. With responsibility to ensure that all designs meet regulatory, statutory, client and industry requirements.
Duties will include:
* Initial and ongoing liaison with the client to establish the design parameters.
* Liaising with the DNO and adopting IDNO to obtain design approval.
* Establish sufficient relevant information to carry out risk assessments in relation to the network type and construction methods to be incorporated into the design.
* Design the network using design tools such as AutoCAD/Windebut/Amtech, selecting the correct demand/voltage and thus the network routing, terminations and any requirement for switchgear etc.
* Liaising with other designers to ensure that the most cost efficient solution, consistent with electricity standards is developed
* Maintaining a record of the progress of each design project in respect of design progress, communication and notices/applications/forms etc.
* Ensure design is legally compliant and if third party land access required provide information to allow wayleaves/servitudes to be agreed.
* Maintaining all design records including calculations and any assumptions made. * Where necessary check designs and drawings completed by others
* Create & deliver the information required to make clients aware of their responsibilities.
* Carry out a hand-over meeting and provide operations with enough information to execute the work safely.
* Respond to requests for variations to the design and process these in accordance with agreed procedures.
* Produce cost estimates in line with current commercial procedures
* Any other duties may be required that fall within the role competencies. Skills &
Experience Required: * Relevant Electrical Industry Experience * The Designer must have relevant experience in the UK market with a DNO, IDNO, ICP or UCP. * Design experience– Underground Cables - and experience designing underground infrastructure. * Design experience – Substations - and have experience designing substation infrastructure.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company who are very experienced in their field and experiencing major growth with exciting times ahead. If you are looking to use your fantastic experience to add value and input to a flexible, rewarding and friendly team then contact Joanne Diver at Defour Partnership today for a confidential chat and to find out more about salary and benefits or apply today