Jul 03, 2021
£50,000 - £60,000 yearly
Stockton-on-Tees, County Durham
Principal / Lead Civil / Infrastructure Engineer
My client is a leading company in decommissioning, demolition and facility development, Ports/Maritime, Windfarms with many existing contracts nationwide. This vacancy has arisen for a Chartered / Lead Civil engineer to be based at Stockton.
The opportunity will offer a fantastic long-term career opening. The requirement is for a Lead Engineer with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the development of large infrastructure schemes including harbours, earthworks, roads, drainage and buildings.
As Heading up the department you will lead the company’s civils design network, they have an array of projects, with the responsibility of the candidate to manage and look after regeneration projects, land development and brownfield estates etc.
Reporting to the Engineering Director, the candidate will be responsible for;
* Preparation of design calculations.
* Overseeing the design and construction of Infrastructure engineering works
* Overseeing the work of external consultants
* Lead all associated consultations with the regulatory authorities and all other interested parties.
The successful candidate will have
* An Engineering Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
* A minimum of five years’ experience of a senior role in the construction industry
* Be highly computer literate
* They should be able to demonstrate a sound technical understanding of civil and structural engineering
* Have a good working knowledge of contract documentation.
* An engineering or related degree and have appropriate professional qualifications
Responsibilities will include:
* Project reporting to Director/shareholders
* Production and review of calculations and reports
* Preparation of tender documents for both professional services and construction works
* Contract administration and liaison with outside parties