Jul 03, 2021
£60,000 - £80,000 yearly
Wanstead, Greater London
Established for over 40+ years, our client currently turnover circa £50m. They work with local authorities, major housing associations and prestigious organisations.
Their head office is in East London and they currently complete projects across London and the South East up to circa £20m.
SECTORS: They deliver both new build and refurbished properties to the Housing, Healthcare, Education, Commercial and Leisure market sectors.
* Residential - Demolition of existing building, steel and concrete frame construction of 57 flats over 5 blocks.
* Residential - New build of 21 traditional build houses
* High End Residential - High specification refurbishment of 18th century, grade II listed, six storey townhouse.
* Mixed Use - 5 storey mixed use residential apartments, office space and commercial artist studio development.
* Hostel - New-build sports hall, gym and café plus refurbishment of the dance studio and reception, creation of function rooms, residents’ and staff facilities. Refurbishment and fit-out of 120+ bedsits over 7 storeys and the provision of bathroom pods and creation of 15+ new bedsits.
* Commercial Office - Conversion of warehouse building into new office space.
* Mixed Use - Demolition of two existing buildings and construction of new nine-storey office and retail scheme.
They are currently looking for a Design Manager for the business.
The ideal candidate will preferably be professionally qualified (Architectural qualification (or equivalent design, technical and/or construction-based qualification) - Minimum relevant Level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc.)) OR have a minimum of five years’ experience within a Design Managers role.
They are looking for someone with a proven track record, who has worked for a similar contractor on similar construction projects in a Design Management capacity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Appointing External Consultants
* Checking working drawing packages produced by External Consultants
* Resolving technical issues arising from sites
* Obtaining design drawings from suppliers and obtaining consultant approval
* Attending department development review meetings
* Checking Structural Engineers drawings in relation to the Architects drawings
* Managing the consultants appointment process & paperwork including: PI Insurance, Collateral Warranties
* Issue drawings to other departments and sites