Jul 03, 2021
£40,000 - £44,000 yearly
Attleborough NR17, UK
Looking to make an impact in Building Control? Join our team and experience the best of both worlds working for a private/public sector partnership in the heart of Norfolk.
We are looking for an experienced Senior BC Surveyor to join us at an exciting time for the Breckland Partnership.
Breckland sits in the heart of Norfolk within half an hour of Norwich city and the beautiful North Norfolk coast, and covers an area of 1,305 kilometres and is one the largest rural districts in England. Nestling just on the Norfolk/Suffolk border Breckland is centred round the five main market towns of Attleborough, Dereham, Swaffham, Thetford and Watton. There are also 112 parishes in Breckland but the majority of the population is centred round the five market towns.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced, motivated individual to join our successful Building Control (BC) team based in Dereham. As our Senior BC Surveyor, you will be part of an ambitious, successful team providing our core client with high quality, timely and outcome based building control services.
As our Senior BC Surveyor you will:
▪ Manage and check building control applications and related documents for compliance with the Building Regulations and allied legislation and responding to related correspondence
▪ Ensure that all team applications are determined within the required timescale
▪ Carry out site inspections and other associated duties including recording of visits
▪ Take enforcement action when required and dealing with the associated legislative notices and correspondence.
▪ Attend dangerous structures when required on a rota basis which includes 24 hour on call cover, taking the necessary action to ensure the safety of the building and dealing with the associated legislative notices and correspondence
▪ Deal with demolition notices and associated documentation, including monitoring conditions as necessary
▪ Provide professional advice and excellent customer service to customers by phone, in writing and face to face
▪ Mentor Junior Members of Staff (as required)
▪ Contribute to the development of Operating Systems
▪ Report writing
▪ Comply with Health and Safety rules for the safety of yourself and others
▪ Deliver consultancy work for external clients when required.
Your experience will include
▪ Full membership of a relevant professional body (RICS, ABE, CIOB) or equivalent, with appropriate post qualification experience
▪ A thorough knowledge of current legislation
▪ Good verbal and written communication skills
▪ The ability to consider a wide range of complex issues and balance those issues to make a clear and reasoned judgement.
▪ The ability to prioritise and manage a significant workload, and to work flexibly to meet the commercial and contractual requirements of the business.
▪ The ability to use personal initiative to solve challenges and to work under pressure to produce timely and high quality work, and the ability to work with a wide range of people and to work as a member of a team.
▪ Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel etc).
▪ Hold a current driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
What’s in it for me?
• A competitive basic salary.
• 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
• The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
• Fees paid for Professional Membership
• Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more
• Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
• Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
• Live and work in a beautiful location, close to the thriving city of Norwich as well as the unrivalled Norfolk coastline.
Please apply for more information