Jul 08, 2021
£40,000 - £42,000 yearly
Leicester, City of Leicester
TSR are working in partnership with a new homes developer recruiting for a Health & Safety Advisor with extensive CDM experience, across the new build housing sector. This role is a regional role and will cover Leicestershire.
You will assist in implementing the Group Health & Safety policy across the company’s new build construction sites, working closely with the senior management team to continually improve and maximise the quality and consistency of the company’s new build services from a HSE perspective.
This key H&S role requires you to instigate and implement effective Health & Safety standards and procedures, you will be a H&S professional who is used to assisting in the implementation of H&S procedures that drive a change in culture. Ideally this experience will be gained within the new build development sector (CDM 2015 processes).
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity within a people centric business that believes in developing its employees to be the best they can be, financially supporting further education as well as promoting from within. Duties:
• Support the on-going development, delivery, management and monitoring of the health and safety management system
• Assist in the development and implementation of new initiatives.
• Develop a positive culture and approach to safety, health and accident prevention across all employees and sub-contractors working within our construction activities
• Provide consistent professional advice and guidance to site management and operatives in-line with the organisation’s health and safety policy and procedures.
• Develop and maintain contact and good working relationships with other departments connected with construction activities (design team, Q.S. and procurement, internal M&E company, internal plant and transportation company)
Developing, implementing & reviewing risk assessments & method statements (RAMS) for construction activities, and support site management in developing the RAMS for site specific work tasks.
• Research and develop Pre-Construction Information Packs, F10 notifications, Construction Phase H&S Plans and other CDM related elements for construction projects.
• Support the sales and customer care teams, both at Head Office and on-site locations, offering knowledge and guidance to assist them in meeting their health and safety duties and obligations.
Create and deliver internal health and safety training (inc. recording topic specific toolbox talks) • Undertake focused health and safety inspections / reviews to verify compliance and highlight any areas for improvement / refinement.
• Investigate and report on accidents/incidents and any external health and safety complaints.
• Provide updates, statistics and reports to the Head of Health and Safety
Experience & Skills:
• Diploma in Health & Safety (i.e. NEBOSH, NVQ, NCRQ, or equivalent)
• NEBOSH Construction Certificate
• Grad IOSH as a minimum, desirable CMIOSH or working towards it.
• Experience of working for a volume housebuilder (family company or major national) • A thorough knowledge of the CDM regulations and associated legislation.
• A thorough understanding of construction projects from pre-start to final completion in House Build, Refurbishments & Demolition projects.
• Experience of accident investigation, statement taking and report writing.
• Excellent communicator (both verbally & written) with the ability to present and converse across a wide audience.
• The ability to work with management (Head Office & site) to implement initiatives, procedures etc in a practical way.
Proven experience in developing and delivering practical health and safety solutions. • Capability to work on multiple projects whilst prioritising their workload to meet deadlines.
TSR are acting as an employment agency, if you do not hear back within 7 days your application has been unsuccessful, but your details will remain on file and we will contact you with relevant future opportunities, By applying to this vacancy you agree to these terms