About our client: Our client is a specialist sub/main contractor that has been established for over 60 years now and has an outstanding reputation in their chosen field of expertise. They specialise in Construction, demolition, piling and civil engineering.
About the role and responsibilities:
* Responsibility for Setting out all elements as the works progress- controlling line and level. As and when required also directly using the instruments to set out and check works of others.
* Raising technical queries on design issues that could or are affecting the progress of the works on site
* Maintaining a site diary.
* Co-operating with the site and construction managers to ensure fluid progress of the works.
* Short term programming/planning.
* As with all persons in senior positions take action where health, safety and environmental standards are compromised.
* Completion of all inspection and test plans in the field, quality assurance records in the field and liaising with 3rd party inspectors as required.
* Daily progress records in the form of as built drawings and the timely production of completed As Built information.
* In particular during concrete works-Quality control of concrete.
* In due course as the engineering team increases taking responsibility for managing the site engineers
* Having input in all works risk assessments and method statements and producing some as and when required
* Interacting with 3rd parties wishing to make inspections on site and maintaining records of same i.e. NHBC, Building Control
* Having an input in the control of plant, labour and materials in respect of controlling cost and managing same to achieve productivity.
* Reporting to the Project QS in respect of issues pertaining to cost and value.
* Managing and co-ordinating sub-contractors on site.
* Communicating with key suppliers.
* Contributing and at times chairing key site related meetings.
* Co-ordinating and implementing temporary works systems and reviewing the site requirements including falsework/formwork.
* In the Project Managers absence representing the Project Manager
About the requirements: You must be degree qualified and have worked within the construction/ civils industry for a number of years and been heavily involved in a high-pressured environment, show good initiative and leadership skills
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.