Jul 15, 2021
£40,000 - £60,000 yearly
E15, Stratford and New Town, Greater London
Established for over 75 years, our client currently turnover circa £40m. They work with local authorities, major housing associations and prestigious organisations. They have also qualified for the London Construction Programme (LCP) Framework.
Their head office is in East London, and they currently complete projects across London and the Southeast up to circa £15m.
Key in-house competencies include project and site management, surveying, buildability advice, estimating, supply chain management and resident liaison.
SECTORS: They deliver both new build and refurbished properties to the Housing, Healthcare, Education, Commercial and Leisure market sectors.
* Residential - Demolition of existing building, steel, and concrete frame construction of 57 flats over 5 blocks.
* Residential - New build of 21 traditional build houses
* High End Residential - High specification refurbishment of 18th century, grade II listed, six storey townhouses.
* Mixed Use - 5 storey mixed use residential apartments, office space and commercial artist studio development.
* Hostel - New-build sports hall, gym and café plus refurbishment of the dance studio and reception, creation of function rooms, residents’ and staff facilities. Refurbishment and fit-out of 120+ bedsits over 7 storeys and the provision of bathroom pods and creation of 15+ new bedsits.
* Commercial Office - Conversion of warehouse building into new office space.
* Mixed Use - Demolition of two existing buildings and construction of new nine-storey office and retail scheme.
AWARDS: Several of their projects have been recognised in national, regional and local awards including the National Housing Awards, Royal Institution of British Architects (London) and Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Job Title: Bid Writer
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 + Package
Ideal Candidate Description:
* Construction or other relevant industry knowledge or experience
* Minimum 2 years’ experience in bid writing or other writing roles
* Social media experience
* Creative writer and communicator, able to deliver a message to differing audiences
* Must have good attention to detail and be able to deliver highly written accurate work, often to tight deadlines
* Able to manage and prioritise own workload with ability to multi-task effectively, working alone and as part of the team
* Proficient in Microsoft products including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
* Experience in using Adobe Creative Cloud Suite including InDesign, Photoshop or Illustrator
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Writing answers to pre-qualification questionnaire submissions
* Writing the quality content of tender submissions, providing support to the pre-construction team and developing an overall document for submission
* Writing case studies for completed projects
* Writing, developing and maintaining an answer library and suite of information
* Assisting with the maintenance of the CRM database
* Assisting with developing marketing material including information packs, brochures, invites, banners, newsletters
* Assisting the Marketing Manager with external communication (social media and website)
* Understanding of events organisation