Jul 15, 2021
£37,000 - £40,000 yearly
A regional affordable housing provider are seeking several experienced Asbestos Surveyors to join their property services team.
The Asbestos Surveyors will be reporting directly into the Group Asbestos Manager and be responsible for the overall day-to-day delivery of Management and surveys, re-inspections, on properties owned by the organisation.
You will have excellent knowledge of Health & safety legislation as well up to date knowledge of all current statutory compliance regulations (asbestos).
Core duties will be to:
* Carrying out asbestos Management and Refurbishment/Demolition surveys on a variety of domestic and commercial properties.
* Carry out periodic re-inspections of known and assumed asbestos containing materials.
* Preparing surveys / reports, maintaining, and updating the asbestos register
* auditing of asbestos removal works
* provide technical support
* supervise internal and external contractors’ approach to asbestos safety.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone from an affordable housing Property background or a similar industry, to add real value to an organisation with ambitious growth plans and be a key influencer in its future success.
You will ideally have a minimum further education qualification (HNC / HND / Degree) and / or relevant construction, maintenance or building related professional qualification.
* hold a minimum of a BOHS P402 asbestos certificate or the equivalent RSPH qualification.
* 2 years Asbestos Surveying experience in a UKAS Accredited Consultancy
* Sound knowledge of current Asbestos legislation
* Experience of working in the social housing sector
* Possession of a BOHS P405 Asbestos certificate or show the commitment to work towards the certification.
You will also preferably have experience of working within a busy Maintenance / Property team working alongside a team of fellow surveyors and have experience of managing compliance issues and a sound knowledge of contract administration and building contract law and legislation.
If you would like more information or to apply for this vacancy, please contact us
TristoneNash is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client