Jul 16, 2021
Junior Health and Safety Advisor – Civils/Groundworks - £25,00 - £30,000+package – Hertfordshire based but with agile/home working and site visits.
A real opportunity for an and coming health and safety professional to make a difference for a company striving to be a market leader in deFlexmolition, remediation, and groundworks. Reporting directly to the SHEQ Director, you will be supporting and implementing health and safety across a variety of sites, from live demolition to pre-development sites. This role will be 80/20 office to site for 3 months, then 50/50.
The role involves a mix of working from home, the office, and traveling to sites so you must have a full UK driver’s license and appreciate that some travel is involved but is not excessive.
You should have a minimum of 2 years experience within a construction/civils health and safety role and hold NEBOSH certificate or similar, with a good understanding of relevant SHEQ legislation and industry standards.
Any experience around Plant or Asbestos would be a huge advantage.
• Assist in the development and ongoing review of the Health and Safety for each site.
• Advise the site teams in the interpretation, guidance and advice on the application of the SHE management systems
• Promote the Groups SHE standards within our contracts and supply chain and conduct contractor/supply chain assessments
• Undertake site inspections and attend Site Review Meetings.
• Provide support with identification and management of SHE risks, issues and opportunities
• Support and facilitate liaison with enforcing SHE authorities
• Create site-specific audit and inspection packs
• Audit minor works carried out across sites as and when required.
• Keep up to date with knowledge on current SHE Legislation, Best Practice, current thinking on H&S practice and developments related to our business activities.
• Manage availability to the various sites to ensure that the right level of governance and support is provided.
• Proactive, engaging and positive attitude to the promotion of SHE excellence
• Ability to identify solutions to identified problems
• Effective within a team and across a diverse working environment
• Flexible and open-minded
Reporting & Analysis
• Attend and support the Sites review meetings
• Support the SHE Team in the delivery of the SHE Plan and identified priorities
• Support in the preparation and issue SHE Alerts / Bulletins and Posters.
• Support with the review and update of SHE processes and procedures as necessary.
What's in it for you?
• Salary of £25,000 - £30,000
• Company vehicle
• Bonus scheme
• Flexible working
• Training & qualifications part funded