CCO are excited to be recruiting for qualified Quantity Surveyor who will be reporting to the Senior QS. You will be managing projects with values ranging from £2m to £15 million. The projects will be available in and around the London. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the industry leaders. Our client is considered one of the largest specialist subcontractors in the demolition industry.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include (but not be limited to):
* To effectively communicate and build relationships with site supervisors, project/contract managers, operatives, surveyors, payroll and other head office staff
* Plan and organise work effectively
* Reconcile tender to works and identify any additional works
* Liaise with Site Management and co-produce monthly (and/or fortnightly) reporting
* Accurately estimate and evaluate price work of operatives, make decisions on rate of pay, additional rates, and price variations
* Operate the fortnightly wage process for your job
* Identify additional works carried out not included within the sub-contract
* Submit variation costs
* Quantify and value materials on site
* Value prelims
* Assist with the projected final accounts and costs
* Assist with reporting on cash flow
The right candidate will hold the abilities/qualities below:
* Excellent time-keeping, and working to deadlines
* Attention to detail
* Able to contribute to team meetings
* Able to build relationships with site operatives and negotiate sub-contractor pay
* Effective personal organisational skills
* Able to adjust personal style to suit varying situations
* Literacy and advanced numeracy
* IT skills including all Microsoft Office particularly Excel
* Commercial approach to work
* Willing to travel
* Enjoys working with people from different professional backgrounds
* surveying: 3 years (Preferred)
Salary negotiable based on experience.
For further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Please send your CV and covering letter to be considered for the role
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.