Aug 26, 2021
£47,104 - £54,699 yearly
BS35, Oldbury-on-Severn, South Gloucestershire
This role can be based at any UK location however you may be required to travel to Magnox sites with notice.
Magnox is an exciting place to be, and this role is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of our challenging mission - to safely and successfully manage the UK’s civil nuclear legacy on behalf of the nation. To deliver our commitment, we need people like you who want to perform at an industry leading standard and be part of a team that continues to develop, innovate and even exceed our greatest achievements.
At Magnox, we understand, and acknowledge the value of an inclusive working environment, and celebrate the diversity this brings to our workplace. Without this approach, we wouldn’t be in the position that we are now, being able to safeguard and secure the future of our organisation.
Hear from the Hiring Manager…
"In Magnox we expect the highest standard of safety and compliance to be achieved on our sites. Our procedures must efficiently enable the decommissioning activities to be planned and safely delivered and yet be flexible and scalable to be applied in both the highest and lowest hazard environments and activities. My team is responsible for setting those safety procedures and ensuring they are effectively implemented. We have vacancies within our conventional safety team for subject matter experts to take ownership of these procedures at a time when Magnox is refreshing our Management System and looking forward to new and exciting decommissioning challenges. I would like to welcome a safety leader into our highly regulated sector who will innovate, influence and help deliver our mission."
* Develop and maintain arrangements for compliance with industrial safety, statutory and Company requirements
* Provide specialist industrial safety support.
* Monitor adequacy of site arrangements through audit, inspection and the investigation of events.
* Drive the implementation of conventional safety arrangements across the Site.
* Ensure personal and professional development and training of conventional safety staff to deliver an effective and suitably qualified and experienced Function.
Qualifications and Experience
* Educated to NQF level 6 / NVQ Level 6 (or equivalent in a post related subject) with a Diploma or equivalent in relevant specialism. E.g. NEBOSH.
* Member of a relevant professional institute
* Relevant experience in related roles including at a similar high hazard industry
* Detailed knowledge of Site License conditions and UK safety legislation. The ideal candidate will bring with them specific experience of one or more of the following: LOLER; COSHH; fire safety; water systems; demolition or fleet and transport safety.
* Starting Range: £47,104 - £54,699
* 25 days (equivalent) annual leave - option to buy or sell up to 5 days each year
* Participation in Company Bonus Scheme
* Up to 13.5% employer pension contribution depending on individual contribution amount
* Access to training and development through the company performance management arrangements, supporting you in maintaining your personal Continuous Professional Development
Please be aware this role holder requires standard clearance, or the ability to obtain said clearance
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
At Magnox we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, we therefore particularly welcome applications from Women, Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, LGBT+ and candidates with a disability as they are all underrepresented in our workforce.
We are happy to talk flexible working where possible.
Interviews will be taking place at the end of September 2021
The application process for this position will close at 23:59 on September 8th 2021