Aug 26, 2021
£55,135 - £64,148 yearly
BS35, Oldbury-on-Severn, South Gloucestershire
This role can be based at any UK location however you may be required to travel to Magnox sites with notice.
Magnox is an exciting place to be, and this role is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of our challenging mission - to safely and successfully manage the UK’s civil nuclear legacy on behalf of the nation. To deliver our commitment, we need people like you who want to perform at an industry leading standard and be part of a team that continues to develop, innovate and even exceed our greatest achievements.
At Magnox, we understand, and acknowledge the value of an inclusive working environment, and celebrate the diversity this brings to our workplace. Without this approach, we wouldn’t be in the position that we are now, being able to safeguard and secure the future of our organisation.
Hear from the Hiring Manager…
“At Magnox we expect the highest standard of safety and compliance to be achieved on our sites. Our procedures must efficiently enable the decommissioning activities to be planned and safely delivered and yet be flexible and scalable to be applied in both the highest and lowest hazard environments and activities. My team is responsible for setting those safety procedures and ensuring they are effectively implemented. We have vacancies within our conventional safety team for subject matter experts to take ownership of these procedures at a time when Magnox is refreshing our Management System and looking forward to new and exciting decommissioning challenges. I would like to welcome a safety leader into our highly regulated sector who will innovate, influence and help deliver our mission.”
* Provide authoritative advice to the business
* Develop and maintain policies and arrangements for compliance with industrial safety legislation specialising in safe access, operations and maintenance of plant and equipment
* Provide assurance of the adequacy of safety arrangements through audit, inspections, investigation of events and self-assessment reviews.
* Support the interface with external authorities, gain and maintain required regulatory approvals including ISO45001 certification
* Promote effective Health and Safety standards across the company with a positive staff culture for continuous improvement.
* Ensure personal and professional development and training of employees across the business.
Qualifications and Experience
* Qualified to NQF level 6 / NVQ Level 6 (or equivalent in a post related subject) with Diploma or equivalent in relevant specialism. E.g. NEBOSH.
* Member of a relevant professional institute.
* Safety leadership experience at a nuclear site, other high hazard industry or large construction/demolition sites with responsibilities for working with HSE and other similar external agencies.
Alongside other Corporate Subject Matter Experts and working with safety teams at each of our sites, the ideal candidate will bring with them specific experience of one or more of the following:
* Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment
* COSHH, legionella and water systems
* Fleet and Workplace Transport Management
* Fire Safety
Salary & Benefits:
* Salary Range: £55,135 - £64,148
* Flexible working – 4 day (condensed hours) 5 day, flexible and hybrid work patterns considered
* 25 days (equivalent) annual leave - option to buy or sell up to 5 days each year
* Participation in Company Bonus Scheme
* Up to 13.5% employer pension contribution depending on individual contribution amount
* Access to training and development through the company performance management arrangements, supporting you in maintaining your personal Continuous Professional Development
Please be aware this role holder requires base line security clearance, or the ability to obtain said clearance
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
At Magnox we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, we therefore particularly welcome applications from Women, Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, LGBT+ and candidates with a disability as they are all underrepresented in our workforce.
We are happy to talk flexible working where possible