Aug 26, 2021
SO1, Southampton, Hampshire
Monday – Friday 7am – 5pm
My client is one of the largest privately-owned waste management companies in the South of England and a leading demolition specialist nationwide.
Our 400-strong team operate from nine recycling facilities across five counties and contracts across the UK. With over 150 lorries our recycling operations cover Hampshire, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire and Surrey and we have the capacity to process over 1m tonnes of waste and recycled aggregates every year.
Reporting to the Site Manager, the Weighbridge Operator is responsible for correctly recording all incoming and outgoing vehicles on the weighbridge system and their overall compliance with site and safety regulations.
* Monitor and record all incoming and outgoing vehicle movements via the weighbridge system
* Ensure that all drivers are always conversant and compliant with site and safety regulations
* Production of routine reports in relation to the Depot operations and material inputs and outputs
* Ensure that general housekeeping standards are always maintained to the highest level
Report all accidents and incidents in accordance with company rules, undertaking specific investigations as appropriate.
* Good working knowledge of the waste, aggregates, and recycling industries
* Good working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environment associated to the site permit(s)
* Good working knowledge and experience of associated plant and machinery
WAMITAB Certificate Of Technical Competence (COTC) – Desirable but not essential