Aug 26, 2021
£60,000 - £70,000 yearly
I'm looking to speak to any individuals with the below experience who are looking to join a well established, family feel residential developer who are going through a crazy period of growth, with a number of upcoming developments secured around London, Hertfordshire and Essex.
* Defining the structural strategy for development opportunities with a strong focus on value engineering.
* Providing a clear brief to the project Technical Manager and external consultants.
* Participation in internal and external design reviews coordinating the team and the design interfaces of the specialist suppliers
* Commercial awareness to highlight strategy changes to ensure design is delivered in line with estimates.
* Manage personal time in working across multiple work fronts (multiple live projects)
* Participation in site surveys with a focus on identifying constraints
* Managing the production of Demolition and Enabling Construction Documents
* Temporary Works reviews
* Liaise with GI/SI consultant to produce concept remediation schemes and costing for brownfield solutions
Qualifications and Experience Required
* Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
* Affiliation with the Institute of Structural Engineers – preferable.
* Sound knowledge of manual and CAD draughting techniques
* Production and input in to internal reports
* Aware of and able to use codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation.
* Aware of and able to use standards and specifications
* Extensive brownfield experience
* Strong knowledge of RC, traditional masonry and hybrid structures
* Familiar with levels of details required for fabrication drawings
* Candidate will report directly to the Senior Engineering Manager