Sep 03, 2021
£34,500 - £35,800 yearly
Role: Asbestos Surveyors
Duration: 6 months FTC
Salary: £34,500 - £35,800 pro rata 45p per mile from local office
Survey properties to locate the presence of asbestos containing materials by undertaking asbestos Management Surveys across all domestic and commercial stock owned or managed by the Group.
Where required, assist with Refurbishment and Demolition (R&D) and Re-inspection survey programmes completed by the Stock Condition team.
* Undertake asbestos Management Surveys using TEAMS (The Electronic Asbestos Management System) in line with HSG264 to domestic and commercial properties owned and managed by the Group.
* Accurately record the presence and condition of suspect Asbestos Containing Materials as well as all non-asbestos materials to provide full management data to be used by all areas of the business, specifically the in-house maintenance teams.
* Manage own diary to achieve expected monthly survey KPI expectations
* Undertake asbestos Refurbishment and Demolition Surveys and asbestos Re-inspection Surveys as required by the needs of the business.
* Respond promptly to requests for information from customers and other departments, actively seeking solutions to problems to achieve satisfactory outcomes.
* Provision of specialist technical advice and information on all types of asbestos surveys to other areas of the business.
* From time to time, assist the Asbestos and Asset Surveyors by carrying out onsite inspections as required. Assist with QC of survey reports to ensure consistent high quality of data.
* Undertake other duties and responsibilities as may reasonably be required from time to time.
* Take responsibility for own personal development, keeping up to date with changes in legislation, best practice and other developments across Asset Management, which affect the business.
Experience and Qualifications
* Educated to GCSE Standard (or equivalent), including passes in English and Maths.
* P402 Surveying & Sampling Strategies for Asbestos in Buildings or RSPH Level 3 Award in Asbestos Surveying with 2 years lead surveyor experience.
* Good level of IT skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and the ability to use bespoke databases and systems - TEAMS experience desirable but not essential.
* Experience of customer focussed service delivery and ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with internal and external customers. Able to handle enquiries in a confident, professional and competent manner.
* Experience of successfully organising and planning own workload to meet operational priorities and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Experience of dealing with queries relating to asbestos surveys and databases required.
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website