Sep 04, 2021
£35,000 - £55,000 yearly
NP20, Newport, Gwent
Civils CRE (Contractors Responsible Engineer)
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
About the Company:
Keltbray Group is a UK leading specialist business, which offers engineering, construction, demolition, decommissioning, remediation, rail, environmental services and reinforced concrete frame solutions. We are a key player in developing and maintaining Britain’s built environment, operating in highly regulated climates and transforming sites across the UK.
Purpose of this role:
The Civils Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) is part of the project delivery team and holds the responsibility for the day to day management and co-ordination of the civils technical and engineering activities together with civils technical interface management applicable to the project.
* Responsible for ensuring appropriate methodologies are selected in the planning of works (methodology, techniques, mitigations and compliance with appropriate standards)
* Provide Engineering support to Delivery team on a day to day basis (including weekend delivery), this includes the preparation / review of quality and assurance documentation
* Raise and manage Civils Technical Queries against anomalies with Specification and in-situ conditions. This will involve site attendance during the planning and construction phases.
* Manage interfaces with other disciplines such as OLE, Track, Signalling and Plant
* Verification of design information relevant to works including IDC and IDR representation
* Verification of build detail for compliance and management of temporary works required for the construction phase including identification and implementation.
* Report problems and issues to Construction Engineering Manager
* Attend briefing meetings as part of Delivery team to give Engineering perspective on the plan.
* Providing Training and Guidance in completion of task and site paperwork (i.e. WPP’s, TBS, ITP’s, Temporary Works, As-Builts, Forms 1-5, etc.)
* Submit deliverables to Client (i.e. Temporary works requirements, Civils Forms 1-5, red line drawings.
* Follow AMP procedure, and support NR in accumulation of handback and EIS documentation
* Produce TOC paperwork for Health & Safety File
* Coordinating and scheduling of meetings
* Managing high volume of phone calls and emails, relaying information in a timely and accurate manner
* Supporting teams in day to day issues, needs and queries
* Create purchase orders for external hire
* Update the Plant Summary spreadsheet for PMR
Skills & Experience:
* Strength of Character and Integrity to maintain high levels of Construction Quality and Assurance
* Collaborative and Relationship orientated work ethic
* Ability to undertake accurate site survey
* Computer literate – proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook
* Excellent time management skills
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Experience of delivering Rail Civils Projects
Qualifications and Training
* HNC/HND in Civil Engineering or equivalent
* MSc Civil Engineering
Keltbray are an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable