Sep 07, 2021
Heathrow, Greater London
Cost Control Apprentice
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK has 6 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
About Q6, Heathrow Airport
Our Q6 framework spans from airfield works (taxiways, runways, stands), to civils (roads, demolition works, underground and above ground structures), and MEP packages (services tunnels, lifts, life safety systems, fuel/fire mains).
In 2019, Ferrovial Construction received the ‘Employer of the Year’ award from Heathrow Airport because of its Apprenticeship Scheme. The scheme offers countless opportunities across the construction industry and all apprentices are fully supported by a dedicated Apprenticeship Programme Manager to help integrate apprentices into the team and ensure they are developing within their roles.
Ferrovial Construction is looking for an Apprentice to work in the Cost Control Team in Heathrow’s Q6 framework. You will report to the Finance Manager and assist in all aspects of cost control on the project. The job role is connected to the Level 3 (AAT) Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship and full training will be provided.
* Check that costs are allocated correctly across the project work packages
* Ensuring that secure and traceable cost records are maintained
* To input and operate the invoicing process and systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payments to suppliers and subcontractors
* Gathering correct authorizations for all accounting and invoice related activities to ensure appropriate financial controls
* Review supplier statements and keep track of invoices
* Contact suppliers in case of any queries related to invoicing
* Review and understand cost information received from site
* Ensure payments are processed in line with agreed payment terms
* Calculate accruals based on information received from site on a monthly basis
* Remain aware and always follow the Company procedures for Financial processes
* Generating project cost reports from the Company cost system.
* To promote company values in all dealings with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts.
* Adopting and promoting Ferrovial Construction UK Vision and Values.
* Delivering on the responsibilities as set out above.
* Taking ownership for the work assigned to you.
Skills and Competence:
* Motivated to learn and add value to the team, the role and the apprenticeship programme
* Inquisitive mind, seeking for new improved ways of working
* Enjoys working under pressure to meet deadlines
* Analytical, evaluation and critical thinking
* Excellent record keeping
* Attention to detail
* Good communication skills verbal and written
* Administration experience desirable
* Proactive approach to working and learning
* Financial & Commercial awareness
* Familiar with all Microsoft packages, especially Excel
* Aspiring to grow within the Ferrovial Apprenticeship programme by progressing on to higher levels
* Build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, such as our suppliers
* Ability to influence and challenge when necessary
* Ability to actively listen and understand the cost control procedures
5 GCSEs grade 4-9, including Maths and English
A Levels or BTEC Level 3
Level 3 (AAT) Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship
Duration: 2 years Apprenticeship Programme
Hours: 40.5 hours per week
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills