Sep 08, 2021
Manchester, Greater Manchester
We are currently working with privately owned Housebuilder who have ambitious growth plans over the next few years.
They are a multi-award-winning new homes developer who deliver highly desirable, aspirational homes that stand out from the crowd. With a preference for quality over quantity, they pride themselves on attention to detail.
They are looking to Appoint a Technical Development Manager to lead the Technical Department. The role is currently getting covered by consultancies but are now looking to bring it all in house.
As it stands now, they are looking for someone from an engineering background. I.e., their criteria are ideally a Development Engineer/ Senior Engineer that want to make that next step in their career.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Lead the technical department from land feasibility, concept site design through to practical completion taking full responsibility for the planning function and co-ordination of architectural and engineering design on both private and social housing scheme
* Lead the technical department from land feasibility to concept site design, through to practical completion. Taking full responsibility for the planning function and co-ordination of architectural and engineering design on both private and social housing scheme.
* Focus on layout design/architectural elements of the schemes.
* Liaise with the Operations Director to ensure effective planning.
* Responsible for undertaking due diligence reviews of technical information packs for both private residential developments and social housing schemes, to highlight any technical issues. Managing the process relating to programming start on-site and the required enabling works, to facilitate the development.
* Provide value engineered solutions throughout the development process with an ability to critique development layouts from an urban design and value engineering perspective, whilst encouraging and driving innovation – sense checking/critiquing consultant’s work.
* Appoint and coordinate external consultants to provide necessary reports to support planning submissions and public exhibitions.
* Maintain and manage pre-development spend for option and appraisal sites in conjunction with Operations Director.
* Discharge of planning conditions.
* Liaise with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, including planners, designers, contracts, local authorities, and the in-house teams.
* Advise on prospective sites regarding possible technical constraints and providing solutions to allow the Commercial Director to source costs for appraisal or discuss inability to proceed with the scheme.
* Develop cost effective and deliverable technical solutions and liaising with construction teams during this process.
* Oversee the commissioning of topographical surveys and commission any other technical investigations and reports to facilitate the completion of technical investigations.
* Reconcile title plans against survey.
* Provide technical advice on demolition, drainage, services, highways, and foundations.
* Provide fees for structural and engineering designs for inclusion in feasibility budget.
* Oversee the technical approval and completion of Section 38, Section 278, and Section 104 agreements – pick up on-site with commercial and construction departments, ensuring all the works are programmed and completed in the most time-efficient manner.
* Compile and monitor development strategy.
* Coordinate and control intervention process of engineering packages.
* Manage the progress and procurement of the commissioning of road & sewer designs relative to architect layouts, ensuring that Technical Approval is received prior to start on site – working closely with the Operations Director on design, and with Sales Director on mix.
* In conjunction with the Site Manager, programme the laying of on-site service mains.
* Issue DCO packages and Variation Orders.
* Check Section 106 agreements and other planning agreements: and
* Monitor and communicate obligations within planning agreements to the various teams.
* Produce cut/fill designs as and when required; and Generate Openreach applications
These oppertuanties don’t come about very often so if you are a Senior Engineer, Developments Engineer, or a Technical Manager. I want to hear from you