Sep 11, 2021
Project Manager / Engineer with experience in Basements, Groundworks & RC. Superior quality residential project with double basement. £350 - £375 neg.
Location. Hyde Park
· Civil Engineering background, with 5-7 years relevant practical managerial experience in substantial below ground construction projects
· Able to run Shell & Core packages from £3m to £7m
· Able to bring high quality projects in on time and to budget.
Main skills and qualifications
Qualified Civil Engineer preferred
Strong understanding of below ground and basement, excavation and construction procedures and operations
Good knowledge of all aspects of civils and groundworks including excavation, demolition, underpinning, piling, tanking, waterproofing, structural concrete
Good understanding of temporary works and how they are incorporated into structures Additionally, you will have worked on cut and carve projects, ideally with façade retention
Good communication skills both written and oral with the ability to deal equally with people at all levels from clients to the site workforce
Reasonable IT and programming skills
Strong HSE approach and application at all levels
Ideally Temporary Works co-ordinator, SMSTS, CSCS, First Aid ticketsProject Manager / Engineer
· To work on a superior basement project for a leader in the field of basement construction. Involves new, refurbishment and alterations to the property. Package values £300k to £3m. Civil Engineering background, with 5-7 years relevant experience in substantial below ground construction projects. 62 week programme
· A contractor trusted by their clients to deliver high quality finishes on complex and challenging schemes. Working closely with the Design team, Engineers and Architects to interpret the clients wishes and specifications. The contractor is recognised as being one of the best to work for having high quality projects to work on. Primarily in the private sector with some commercial schemes. Over 25 years' experience in providing outstanding solutions to complex projects.
Project Manager / Engineer
· The company is seeing considerable growth in their core areas and is seeking to invest in quality people to sustain their expansion. Experience in both pre-construction and construction related areas will be relevant. The company, with a turnover of £25m, has strong family values with integrity and client involvement both at the forefront of their operations.
About the opportunity
· An enthusiastic and keen Project Manager / Engineer who will be involved on a daily basis with the project. This is a hands-on role. You will be working with the site-based Manager and Foreman taking care of all the programming, variations, implication of delays, RAMS, and contract associated paperwork.
· Reporting to a visiting Contracts Manager your role will involve pre-construction work as well as live project management duties.
Salary and benefits.
· This is a self-employed position, though a permanent option may be available. The day rate of £350 - £375 is negotiable based on your relevant experience.
· You should be degree qualified in Civil Engineering and should have a minimum of 5-7 years' relevant experience in Basements, Groundworks, RC or Civil Engineering, preferably in the London market. You should be confident in dealing with clients, contractors, and the site team with a good command of oral and written English, plus good commercial and IT skills. Proof of qualifications and recent work references will be required. This is a great opportunity for someone who is self-motivated and wants to be associated with a strong and growing contractor