Sep 20, 2021
£70,000 - £85,000 yearly
Bracknell, Bracknell Forest
£70,000 - £85,000 + benefits
Bracknell – Projects throughout the South East
About the company:
Our privately-owned client is a specialist demolition and waste management contractor who undertakes technical projects throughout Hampshire, Berkshire, Surrey and London. Having been established for over 30 years and with a group annual turnover in excess of £40M, this client prides themselves on their excellent reputation to deliver projects within budget and to program, whilst always maintaining high standards and quality.
About the opportunity:
Due to healthy order books and company expansion, there is a need for a Commercial Manager to oversee the successful commercial and financial management of demolition projects in the South East from point of award through to final account, in addition to being the direct report to more junior professionals within the commercial team.
As a Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for:
* Producing applications for payment including valuation of variations and loss and/or expense.
* Monitoring when payments are due / received / outstanding.
* Preparing project budgets in conjunction with the Contracts Managers and Operations Director.
* Monitoring budgets against costs and projections on a monthly basis.
* Sending subcontractor enquiries, analysing quotations, placement of orders.
* Ensuring contractual obligations and fulfilled.
* Advising contracts managers regarding all commercial matters (variations, delays etc.) and ensuring that they are identified and recorded.
* Site visits to monitor for possible variations and similar matters and ensure that site records are produced.
* Assisting with the production of tenders.
* Maintaining and developing good relationships with clients, consultants and colleagues.
About the requirements:
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you will need to be degree qualified in Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management or hold a professional qualification (MRICS or MCIOB). Additionally, you must have proven experience of working at this senior level whilst employed by a specialist subcontractor or main contractor in the UK and packages must have covered general demolition / general enabling works. Furthermore, as this is a permanent opportunity, it is essential that you are able to demonstrate longevity in the workplace, holding each previous appointment for a minimum of 3 years.
About the benefits and rewards:
For this permanent opportunity, my client is targeting professionals looking to earn anywhere from £70,000 to £85,000 per annum however there may be flexibility on this as the specific salary will depend on experience and suitability. Furthermore, there will be a generous package on offer which includes a company vehicle, mobile phone, laptop, private medical insurance, life assurance (4x salary), 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and training and development opportunities.
How to apply:
If interested in this opportunity, please forward a copy of your CV to me or call the main office landline to discuss further