Sep 28, 2021
£25,000 - £30,000 yearly
Chingford, Greater London
SLS Permanent Recruitment is supporting a business with recruiting a full time permanent Weighbridge Operator, to be based at their site in in East London. To apply please send an up to date CV in a MS Word Format.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the management of the weighbridge on our site where we take in construction and demolition waste and process it to supply recycled sand, soil and aggregate to the London, South East and Essex areas.
The successful candidate to have excellent communication and organisational skills, and ideally have an aggregates, waste, or landfill background. Overall, we are looking for someone who is bright and enthusiastic
Typical but not exhaustive duties include:
* Operate the weighbridge with vehicles coming on and off.
* Record the vehicle Registration, Client and incoming weight of a vehicle and add to the weighbridge system.
* Record the tare weight of vehicles once they have tipped an assign the correct products to the weighbridge ticket.
* Direct the wagon to the appropriate loading/unloading area.
* Inform the relevant staff that the wagon is on site and what they require.
* Track, liaise and keep up to date with all trailers on site and off site
* Where appropriate, implement the Company’s charges for the acceptance of waste, the weighing of vehicles and sale of materials. Ensure that waste tipped is of acceptable quality for the company to recycle.
* Organisation of orders/logistics and haulage
What we require
* Weighbridge experience is required
* Someone who is honest and reliable
* WAMITAB certificate would be an advantage (However not essential)
* Someone who copes well under pressure
* Good communication skills at all levels
* Must be literate and numerate
* Must be flexible and adaptable with regard to responsibilities/role