Sep 30, 2021
Southwark, Greater London
Exciting Construction Manager opportunity available on the A40 Flyover Scheme.
Matchtech are excited to be working alongside a major Tier 1 Highways contractor on the A40 Flyover scheme, and as result we have a live requirement for an experienced Highways Construction Manager/Project Manager.
The A40 being one of the main arteries into London is a predominant section of the Transport for London, infrastructure. The current project entails the removal and replacement of a structural roller/plate joint. The operation is complex and requires a diverse team of both Structural engineers and Highway engineers. Our client are enquiring for a suitable and experienced engineer to support the existing team. Duties will be as those shown below.
Project commencement is imminent, with a completion of work package 1, programmed for Summer 2022. It is anticipated that additional works will be instructed, which will extend this project. Due to the complexity of the project, site hours are predominantly 7 days per week. A rota system will be developed for this and will have to accommodate several full weekend closures required within the programme. Further details can be provided of this at interview.
Reporting to the Project Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that the works elements under your control are delivered to the correct quality and in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner. Working collaboratively with the wider project team to deliver successful project outcomes.
· Ensure the timely delivery and programme of all works on the A40 Works package 1 works.
· Lead a team of engineers and foreman to collaboratively work with both supply chain and client to ensure the satisfactory delivery of all parties.
· Maintain stability with stakeholders and adjacent operations to ensure compliance and the delivery of works programme.
· Liaise weekly with the project planner and ensure all programmes are up dated and accurately conveyed to the team and client.
· Maintain full communication of progress, issues and delays to both contractor and client.
· Ensure all RAMS are in place and suitable prior to works commencing and being followed as works are undertaken
· Ensure ITPs and MARs are in place prior to works commencing and followed/completed during the works
· In conjunction with the discipline Supervisor, ensure that plant, labour, and materials for each item of work are identified and available in good time
· Review the drawings and specification to identify errors and omissions and bring these to the attention of the project team via TQ’s
· Be fully conversant with supply chain contract conditions and the attendances from our client.
· Maintain program and identify opportunities. Work closely with the Change manager to ensure all changes and deviations from the scope of works are recorded and submitted to the correct Process.
· Communicate with the project team, issues of non-conformances and contractual correspondence, maintaining comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works
· Keep a full and accurate daily diary, including any changes / variations, specialist attendances, upload all daily diary reports onto BC and provide the construction manager/senior agent/works manager with an emailed report at the end of each shift
· Civil Engineering related qualification (HNC, HND, BSc MSc, BEng, MEng)
· Able to provide suitable experience delivering complex structures/roadworks
· Relevant experience on high-speed roads, advantageous and working with heavy civil engineering refurbishment.
· An understanding of hydro demolition, concrete structure refurbishment and working in proximity of residents, an essential requirement of this role.
· Site Management Safety Training Scheme SMSTS
· Relevant CSCS Card
· Other relevant training (preferred includes Appointed Person, relevant lifting training and temporary works co-ordination and first aid/fire marshal)
· Understanding of Engineering Principles and extensive technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices
· Knowledge of construction contracts and forms of contract through formal training
· Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system, Primavera software)