Oct 09, 2021
DE1, Derby, Derbyshire
This challenging and exciting opportunity requires an individual with a good level of qualification, coupled with 3-5 years’ setting out experience.
Our client is a leading remediation, groundworks, and environmental contracting specialist. They deliver projects on brownfield and contaminated land sites to clients across the house building, development, building, construction, industrial and public sectors throughout the UK. They also deliver capabilities for all aspects of any required demolition, excavation, earthworks and associated enabling works. As a true design and build specialist they are amongst a select group able to offer a comprehensive in-house service. The company is part of a larger group with operations in the UK, Ireland, France, and the Far East.
You will be responsible for leading and managing all surveying aspects of complex projects. The position will provide support to the engineering, project, and site management teams to enable accurate setting out, accurate quantities of materials and plant required, quality checking and control of sub-contractors and timely site mobilisation.
Typical duties will include.
* Verify the accuracy of survey data including measurements and calculations conducted on site
* Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, lines, and other characteristics of terrain to produce accurate volumetric information
* Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys
* Take measurements and survey data to determine positions and elevations
* Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas using Leica, LSS, Total Station, theodolites, transits, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS)
* Coordinate with the engineering, project teams and any other stakeholders
* Establish fixed points using appropriate equipment and instruments
* Plan and conduct surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations and other measurements
* Analyse surveys and specifications to prepare necessary reports which enable accurate setting out, accurate quantities of materials and plant required, and timely site mobilisation
An attractive basic salary (permanent) plus extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of work given the company’s market leading status in the industry and their continued commitment to growth