Oct 09, 2021
Tower Hamlets, Greater London
* To assist in managing the delivery of the Council’s responsibilities for the determination of building regulation applications and inspection of building work in progress to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations, London Building Acts and related legislation
* To deputise for the Team Leader in his/her absence including the authorisation of legal documents.
* To respond to alleged dangerous structures and assist in the processing of applications for demolition work.
* To make recommendations for the determination of building regulation applications or decisions to take enforcement action under delegated powers in a designated area of the borough.
* To give expert specialist advice to members of the public, other council departments, council Members and interested parties on Building Control matters either in person, by phone or through correspondence.
* To undertake the Council's responsibility to inspect building and construction work at all relevant stages on building regulation and enforcement cases, such visits will involve attending locations alone and encountering situations that may involve personal risk.
* To make legally binding on-site decisions regarding the compliance of completed work that may vary from approved plans and details
* To record all inspections to a standard capable of being used to defend the Council’s interests in any future litigation and ensure that any necessary enforcement action is taken to secure compliance with building regulations.
* To carry a full caseload and manage a number of major complex proposals, initiatives and/or projects simultaneously, responding quickly to changed circumstances and balancing often conflicting priorities under pressure.
* To undertake negotiations with developers and their professional multi-disciplinary design team on the most complex cases to achieve desired outcomes