Oct 12, 2021
£20,000 - £30,000 yearly
Graduate Structural Engineer – London Based - £20,000-£30,000
Graduate Structural Engineer required for a well-known engineering consulting firm based in their London office.
About the Client: My client is one of the UK's top structural engineering consultancies. Their motto is to make complex structures simple and conventional structures efficient. Their work covers mixed use, commercial, residential, retail and school’s projects, in both new build and refurbishment for major developers, architects and contractors. They are currently recruiting for high calibre graduate structural engineers to join their office in Central London.
About the role: You will work within a structures team on high profile and complex new build and refurbishment building structures, using the most up to date analysis tools. You will be given excellent training and support for Chartership.
* Ensuring that the project meets all environmental, legal, safety and health guidelines and requirements
* Overseeing the project team
* Preparing progress reports for seniors and the client
* Getting all building and planning regulations
* Working closely with the key people such as the client, architects, site managers, etc.
* Help in preparing specifications, working drawings, etc.
* Make regular site inspections to ensure that the work is progressing according to schedule
* Assist the structural engineering manager and senior structural engineer in their work
* Knowledge about the properties and strength of the various materials like glass, steel, timber, brick, etc., and use each of them appropriately
* Inspect old buildings and recommend repairs or demolition where necessary
* Work with the contractor to ensure that the newly-built structures are sturdy and sound
* Ensure a balance of aesthetics and functionality. The building should be structurally sound and pleasing to the eye as well
* Inspect the work and advise the contractor once construction begins
* A degree in Civil/Structural engineering
* Must be educated to A level standard (Grades A-B)
* Keen to gain Chartership
* Skilled communicator, written skills and capable of producing reports
* Excellent technical and numerical skills