Oct 13, 2021
EC4A, Farringdon Without, Greater London
Design Manager £70K + Pkg London
The client is a main contractor based in the London, who has worked with government and private clients in all sectors on retail, commercial, high end residential development, specifically luxury apartments as well as affordable / social / private housing, incorporating community facilities.
Civil Engineering works include RC Frames, related underground services, new road and junctions, demolition, landscaping etc.
The projects tend to include new build commercial development, development of high spec apartments, design & build projects with prefabrication in high repetition areas and incorporating underground car parks. The building frames are constructed using the “twin-wall” pre-cast concrete system and traditional RC Frame.
The project will involve significant civil engineering works including excavation, retaining works, removal and disposal of soil, underground services, and landscaping.
Skills & Experience Required
* This client requires a Design Manager, to manage and co-ordinate the design team and contractor designers to produce complete and comprehensive construction details in due time, considering quality, buildability, cost, health, safety, and environmental constraints.
* The ideal candidate must be someone capable of leading a team, from precontract works and seeing the project right through, on a strict build programme.
* The ideal candidate must have a solid D&B experience, someone who can manage the design in line with their client’s tight build programme.
* Leading the delivery of architectural designs for cleanroom projects including drawings, details, schedules, tech subs, calculations to all RIBA stages.
* A minimum of 4 / 5 years’ Design experience
* Should have the ability to work in partnership with architectural engineering consultancies, main contractors (EPCMV contractors) and end users to build a long-term working relationship.
* BIM experience (Revit) Must have experience in Revit from LOD 100 to 500 inclusive of COBie standard relating to managed asset information including space and equipment.
* Managing BIM execution and strategy
* Degree in architecture or engineering / Architectural Technology degree / HND Engineering /HNC Engineering
Please reply with a WORD Formatted CV