Oct 13, 2021
Dublin, Dublin City
Setting Out Engineer €45K + Pkg Dublin
The client is a main contractor based in the midlands, who has worked with government and private clients in all sectors on retail, commercial, high end residential development, specifically luxury apartments as well as affordable / social / private housing, incorporating community facilities such as arts centres, play parks, central squares, etc.
Civil Engineering works include RC Frames, related underground services, new road and junctions, demolition, landscaping etc.
The projects tend to include new build commercial development, development of high spec apartments, design & build projects with prefabrication in high repetition areas and incorporating underground car parks. The building frames are constructed using the “twin-wall” pre-cast concrete system and traditional RC Frame.
The project will involve significant civil engineering works including excavation, retaining works, removal and disposal of soil, underground services, and landscaping.
Skills & Experience Required
* Setting out piles, foundations, building positions, grid lines, datums, drainage & road formations
* Working with site plans, drawings and building information models
* Mapping structural boundaries on the ground using pegs and markers
* Liaising with designers and engineers to ensure plans and drawings are accurate
* Resolving technical problems
* Minimum 2 years’ previous experience working as a Setting Out or Site Engineer
* Competent using Leica total stations and GNSS, digital levels and site lasers
* Experience in RC frameworks and monitoring would be advantageous
* Ability to interpret detailed drawings
* Experience of using AutoCAD
* Excellent knowledge of surveying, buildings, and structures
Please reply with a WORD Formatted CV