A exctiing opportunity has arrisen in Derby Council for a Senior Architectural Technician to join the team on a temporary assignment.
This position requires you to provide an architectural and project management services under the direction of the Projects Team leader and perform the function of contracts administrator/project manager in carrying out the design, supervision and administration of small to large size schemes or projects on council and other third party buildings and land.
The main responsibilities are:
* Prepare detailed reports, briefings, schedules, feasibility studies, specifications, drawings, diagrams and estimates etc. relating to building projects. Including new building design, refurbishment, improvements, alterations and demolition. Undertake contract administration and supervise contractors undertaking such work.
* Provide detailed and accurate surveys of sites and buildings.
* Authorise the appointment of the design team, clerk of works, contractors and consultants monitoring progress and ensure that the appropriate professional standards and quality of workmanship are achieved.
* Develop project programmes and ensure delivery to agreed key milestones and completion deadlines. Provide accurate data and schedules of prioritised projects to inform funding programmes. Prepare reports and attend meetings, working parties and committees and present reports/findings as may be required by the work in progress.
* Working In conjunction with the project quantity surveyor record and monitor regularly the project costs compared with the approved budget and the speed of response by staff and contractors.
* Provide technical advice on the feasibility, practicality and estimated costs of proposals
* Ensure the design and project delivery complies with all current statutory regulations including Building Regulations, Planning, Listed buildings, CDM, Health and Safety at Work, COSHH and the councils Code of Practice for contractors working in/on the Councils establishments.
The Minimum Requirements are the Following:
* HNC in Building Studies or equivialnant
* Degree in Building suveying or Architectual Design Technology
* Abilitiy to use Auto Cad
If this is a role that would intrest you please send over your CV
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.