Nov 09, 2021
£40,000 - £50,000 yearly
Role: Compliance Manager – Mechanical and Electrical
Location: North West
Mason- James are currently working with a well established and highly reputable company who are looking for a Compliance Manager (M&E) to join their team on a short 4 – 6 month contract.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who due to growth is looking for someone to bring their skills and experience to the highest level
* Relevant qualification Mechanical and Electrical qualification i.e. Level 4 VRQ Certificate in Electrical Safety Management in Social Housing or VRQ Level 2 Electrical Safety Awareness in Social Housing or NVQ Level 3 or HNC (Higher National Certificate) in either Mechanical and Electrical engineering, or equivalent.
* · In depth knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical Systems within Social Housing, including government and industry guidance, British standards and building regulations, IEE Wiring Regulations Guidance Note 3 and The Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998.
* Manage the approach to Mechanical and Electrical Systems, leading the Compliance Officers and Co - Ordinator to ensure full compliance with all statutory and regulatory obligations, including the development and implementation of an effective risk management approach to compliance.
* Lead, motivate and engage with your team to ensure the delivery of a high quality service, developing and implementing operational objectives including key performance indicators, to underpin the Compliance Strategy and Framework and the Group’s overall strategic objectives.
* Act as the Group’s lead advisor for Mechanical and Electrical Systems across all services, for the lifecycle of buildings, including acquisition, design and build, occupation, refurbishment, demolition and disposal, providing technical, procedural, specification and compliance guidance as required.
* Develop, implement, and monitor the operational effectiveness of the Compliance Management model and Mechanical and Electrical Systems policies, procedures and guidance on behalf of the Group, including the provision of training for appropriate colleagues, taking into account up to date legislation, amendments to codes of practice, health and safety requirements and industry best practice, proactively adopting new and innovative ideas and solutions to ensure
* continuous improvement of the service.
* Develop, implement and manage an effective and timely programme of Mechanical and
* Electrical Systems inspections, servicing, repairs and risk mitigation activity on behalf of the
* Group, ensuring adherence to regulatory, statutory and compliance frameworks, reviewing risk assessments and outcomes and ensuring appropriate risk reduction activity and control
* measures are implemented, providing guidance and expertise on how to address and prevent future recurrences.
* Support the Senior Compliance Manager in the scoping, specifying, mobilisation and implementation of all relevant statutory compliance contracts, including the assessment of competence of appointed contractors and ensuring alignment to business and commercial requirements for the Group, implementing and maintaining a performance framework to ensure effective contract management and value for money principles are applied appropriately.
* Completion Date Version Owner Review Date
* Investigate incidents accidents and complaints, working with appropriate internal and external stakeholders to ensure investigations are brought to an effective and timely conclusion, including the production of specific action plans to address the original issue and avoid future recurrences.
* Manage internal and external stakeholders effectively, including other managers and third-party suppliers, providing advice, support and training, influencing, negotiating and building constructive working relationships to effectively deliver the Group’s Compliance Strategy.
* Develop and review relevant budgets, ensuring expenditure is robustly managed in line with the Group’s financial controls.
* Manage the performance and development of your team providing expertise, coaching and other developmental support as required, ensuring a quality service is provided and under performance is dealt with appropriately.
* Conduct regular reviews of the Mechanical and Electrical Systems function including seeking feedback from key stakeholders to continually improve the service provision. Improvement
opportunities identified and realized should be in accordance with change management protocols.
* Work collaboratively with the leadership team to ensure effective delivery of the wider service.
* Ensure that all data protection requirements are met in accordance with the Group’s policy, procedures and statutory requirements.
* Ensure that health and safety requirements are met in accordance with the Group’s policy, procedures and statutory requirements.
Please apply and we will be in touxh with suitable candidates