Nov 10, 2021
£40,219 - £46,779 yearly
TN29, Dungeness, Kent
Magnox is an exciting place to be, and this role is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of our challenging mission - to safely and successfully manage the UK’s civil nuclear legacy on behalf of the nation. To deliver our commitment, we need people like you who want to perform at an industry leading standard and be part of a team that continues to develop, innovate and even exceed our greatest achievements.
At Magnox, we understand, and acknowledge the value of an inclusive working environment, and celebrate the diversity this brings to our workplace. Without this approach, we wouldn’t be in the position that we are now, being able to safeguard and secure the future of our organisation.
Hear from the Hiring Manager
“My project engineering team is made up of highly skilled professionals from the full range of engineering disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical Civil, EC&I, Safety Case) with the responsibility of delivering fit for purpose construction/de-planting/demolition engineering solutions to safely deliver the portfolio of work. I would like to welcome an individual that can bring drive and enthusiasm, to join my team of engineers. The successful applicant needs to be schedule focussed and manage challenging deliverable targets as part of the team. Ideally the individual will have experience of delivering in a highly regulated sector and will be able to further develop the capability of the team."
* Identify project functional requirements and stakeholder needs for assigned project.
* Develop concept design and fit for purpose engineering solutions
* Produce, review or approve project technical specifications.
* Manage detailed design activities in accordance with design authority standards, and CDM regulations.
* Prepare modification proposals as required and act as a Nominated Responsible Engineer (NRE) for plant modifications.
* Specify and provide technical supervision of commissioning and/or decommissioning.
* Manage the end of project hand over process to systems/operations ensuring that all drawings, instructions and training have been supplied as required.
* Demonstrate a working knowledge of the CDM Regulation requirements on designers which impact on safety, temporary works the environment and future safe decommissioning engineering solutions.
* Maintain site configuration control of appropriate documentation & drawings throughout project lifecycle.
* Comply with all Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality on Site.
* Review of on-site and off-site events and root cause analysis to promote continued learning and improved working practices.
* HNC, Engineering Degree or National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level5/6 (Essential).
* Nuclear and/or conventional project engineering experience (Essential)
* Understanding of relevant Company and/or national engineering standards (essential)
* Working knowledge of the Safety Rules and working knowledge of risk assessment methodology (Desirable)
* Understanding of relevant Site Licence and Quality Management System requirements (Desirable)
* Working knowledge of CDM Designer role (Desirable)
* Project delivery experience (Desirable)
* Salary Range: £40,219 - £46,779
* 25 days (equivalent) annual leave - option to buy or sell up to 5 days each year.
* Participation in Company Bonus Scheme.
* Up to 13.5% employer pension contribution depending on individual contribution amount.
* Access to training and development through the company performance management arrangements, supporting you in maintaining your personal Continuous Professional Development.
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
At Magnox we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, we therefore particularly welcome applications from Women, Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, LGBT+ and candidates with a disability as they are all underrepresented in our workforce.
We are happy to talk flexible working where possible.
If applying for this role via email, please use the following reference: DNA03387
The application process for this position will close at 23:59 on November 23rd 2021