Nov 12, 2021
W5, Ealing, Greater London
NVQ Level 2 or Level 3 in Carpentry is essential for this role.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a West London local authority currently in the process of bringing its property repairs and maintenance services back in-house.
There is currently an urgent requirement for 2 domestic Carpenters to join the team on an ongoing basis, with the view to turn permanent.
Working hours Monday-Friday 8am-4pm
Carpenter Job Role:
You will be working as part of a multi-disciplined works team within the housing repairs function delivering effective repairs within the cost & quality parameters of the DLO ensuring health and safety compliance and best practice.
As Carpenter, you will be expected to carry out all types of repairs & maintenance works both internally and externally, including fencing, decorating, small maintenance tasks, demolition and alteration works and remedial works in order to complete projects to the customer or client satisfaction.
You will be expected to be able to fit on average a minimum of two door leaves a day.
The main responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Carrying out all types of joinery work both internally and externally.
· Renewing fire door leaves and doorsets to communal areas.
· Measuring and preparing fire door blanks for installations.
· Making good minor decorative damage following installations.
· Carefully following manufacturer’s instructions with regards to fire doors.
The ideal Carpenter will have:
· At least five years’ experience in carpentry (three years with qualifications)
· Experience fitting fire doors
· City & Guilds Level 2 or 3
· The ability to hang doors
· Their own hand tools such as chisels, hammers and tape. Power tools will be provided by the client.
· A manual driving licence- van will be provided by the client.
Pay: £185 per day PAYE and £235 per day umbrella
Please click apply now