Nov 19, 2021
12 Brackley Rd, Buckingham MK18 1JD, UK
Our client is a major global player in the Nuclear industry. Operating on a UK Nuclear licensed site specialising in safe, cost effective and reliable uranium enrichment services based in Capenhurst, Chester.
The role holder will be required to supervise the activities of personnel carrying out construction activities (which includes employees, ASW’s, CSW’s and external contractors) on a day to day basis to ensure that all activities are executed in a safe, cost effective and reliable manner in-line with legislative and company procedures. The role objective is to ensure that construction, maintenance, demolition and decommissioning works are carried out safely, in accordance with the design, project specification, security standards and contractual requirements.
The role holder will report directly to the Senior Construction Supervisor and where applicable will be embedded within the relevant Project Teams also reporting to the Project Managers, frequently being responsible for the delivery of multiple construction projects and shall be appointed as Principal Contractor / Contract Supervisors for relevant projects.
Work alongside the Construction Manager / Senior Construction Supervisors / Project Manager to support them in their role and to enable the meeting of safety, cost, and programme and quality objectives and ensuring that the Principal Contractor duties on the project(s) are discharged.
Education & Qualifications Required
· SSOW trained and nominated for the role – Area Authority.
· GCSE grade C (or equivalent) in Mathematics, English and Science.
· Relevant NVQ level 3 or above.
· IOSH / NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health or similar health and safety qualification.
· Temporary Works Supervisor or Coordinator.
· Medium Risk Confined Space Entry.
· Management of Confined Spaces.
· Management of Working at Height.
· Management of Hot Works.
· Demonstratable practical construction industry experience relative to their specialist discipline